Android Ismart app - pop up notifications?

Tiny Tim

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I need to access the collective genius of the android app nerds here please! (Usual preamble - searched forum, not found anything, sorry if its there)

And so to the background - my wife was out in the car and had a puncture (thankfully repairable given the tyres still have the little new spikey bits on!). When I checked my ismart app it was doing it's nut with notifications but I had not received any pop up notifications. I get emails when the alarm goes off, but no pop ups in the app. I don't get emails or pop up notifications for other notifications, it seems. I only see them when I open the app.

So to the question - is it possible to get pop up notifications in the android ismart app? If so, what setting do I need to change?

I have seen a permission about "pop-up windows" which is denied - but I looked at other apps that give notifications and it seems they don't all have this enabled, so I'm guessing this isn't it.

If it is needed, my phone is a Xiaomi POCO M5S and a ZS EV long range base model ("Comfort" in the EU).

Thanks in advance!

There are some settings in app under profile than alarm
Screenshot_20230628-142523.png

On your phone you can check app notifications
Screenshot_20230628-142247.png
Screenshot_20230628-142317.png

Screenshot_2023-06-28-14-36-24-927_com.android.settings.jpg

thanks. I've finally found the notifications permissions.... And they are already all turned on! 😕 And the settings on the app are as you have them. Looks like it's a glitch then! Hey ho!

Have you agreed to the privacy policy?
View attachment 18607
I expect I did, but when I click it it comes up with the option to "agree", so I'm not sure if I did or didn't - so, just in case, I clicked it again.... and again! Let's see if anything happens on the next notification.
Thanks for your perseverance. It's not a biggie and it's definitely a first world problem, but if I can get it doing its thing it would be a useful addition.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom