Annoying Alerts.How do you turn the alerts of??

Does the cruise control use more of the battery.
As we are very New to this MG EV there's heaps to learn to get the best performance out of this vehicle 😘

Turn LKA off (unless you don't know how to steer). ;)

Whilst Cruise Control will use minimal power, sadly it doesn’t use regen braking and so will hit your range. I’m surprised it hasn’t been more of a topic for conversation on here, as it’s one of the shortcuts from ICE to EV I would have thought could be easily corrected.

Whilst Cruise Control will use minimal power, sadly it doesn’t use regen braking and so will hit your range. I’m surprised it hasn’t been more of a topic for conversation on here, as it’s one of the shortcuts from ICE to EV I would have thought could be easily corrected.

Did I read on here that the latest BMS update - which I don't have - improves the regen under CC?

I think the BMS upgrade you speak of is the 450v fix, which improves regen on fully charged battery. I’m not aware of any update to fix the ACC issue but I live in hope.

i’m on the 455v bms and when fully charged it’s only for a very short distance that regen is limited - no issue at all really. Those with the 450v bms have suggested when fully charged regen occurs sooner - but really i think that the difference must be minimal. The ACC hasn’t changed and still uses friction brakes to control going over the set speed not regen.

i’m on the 455v bms and when fully charged it’s only for a very short distance that regen is limited - no issue at all really. Those with the 450v bms have suggested when fully charged regen occurs sooner - but really i think that the difference must be minimal. The ACC hasn’t changed and still uses friction brakes to control going over the set speed not regen.
I live at the top a long hill, so regen available with a full charge is great for me, it means after a mile I have same/more range than I started with.

That’s great. I have to say though if you start your drive going downhill fully charged regen or no regen you’ll still not use any juice to propel you along! And if you’re at fully voltage it won’t add over that amount will it?

That’s great. I have to say though if you start your drive going downhill fully charged regen or no regen you’ll still not use any juice to propel you along! And if you’re at fully voltage it won’t add over that amount will it?
true no juice used, but because on the lower BMS 449/450v, it does have room for the regen to add more juice.

Oh ok. I didn’t realise it would still add more to the pack at 450v even when fully charged. I suppose it’s obvious as otherwise it wouldn’t regenerate! 🙂

Full regen comes back after 3 miles on mine. ;)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom