Annoying slowing in Adaptive Cruise

madmanacrossthewater

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
in our new EV, I have noticed that when in cruise on a country lane, and enter a slight bend, the car slows down, and down and down going round the bend.
I always use Cruise control, but find this really annoying, does anyone know if it can be "muted" whilst in cruise?

Thanks all

Unfortunately not. You would have to temporarily take it out of ACC and then resume.
Thanks for your comment, but if I do that, the KERS would slow it down even more

Or just apply some accelerator pedal during the bend. Of course, that negates some of the reason for using Adaptive Cruise Control in the first place, but I find it useful.
I guess that is what I will have to do,. Annoyingly, I know its a safety thing, but it just gets slower the longer the corner...

Upvote 0
All cruise control systems that I have used (ICE included) have a feature that senses the cornering forces and slows the car if these become too great. Some are more sensitive than others and this can spoil the drive on say a fast relatively slight bend. Some systems won’t slow until there is quite a lot of cornering force.

Upvote 0
All cruise control systems that I have used (ICE included) have a feature that senses the cornering forces and slows the car if these become too great. Some are more sensitive than others and this can spoil the drive on say a fast relatively slight bend. Some systems won’t slow until there is quite a lot of cornering force.
Hyundai and VWs I've had didn't do this (both with radar cruise).

I think this is a Chinese car thing.

"Slowing down like friggin' Toyota driver" - Teslabjorn

Upvote 0
Agree it's a pain in the neck. Even worse on motorways when it does it when overtaking with cars behind. They must think your are an idiot.

Regarding the KERS comment, try dropping it down from 3 and it won't have the same impact if you knock off the acc. I tend to do that on back roads for the same reason.

Upvote 0
Could the slowing on corners effect be controlled by changing the radar control system? The slowing might be due to the radar noticing the corner? Or it might have an input from the steering system?

Upvote 0
Could the slowing on corners effect be controlled by changing the radar control system? The slowing might be due to the radar noticing the corner? Or it might have an input from the steering system?
I believe it engages based on how far you're turning the wheel. I've not done a proper test, but my experience it allows more turning before slowing down when in Sport mode than in Normal or Eco.

Upvote 0
I have noticed this effect, it only seems to happen if the road has a concrete wall - divider and only on a few roads. Next time I might try reducing the radar distancing setting to "1" (closer) and see if it occurs.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom