samcain

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
my mg hs phev is 2 years old l still have an annoying vibration on the accelerater pedal.I was told it would go away after 5000 miles but it hasn't. I mentioned it to the so called mg technician on my first service but I'd be as well talking to the wall.has anyone experienced this problem. Regards Harry. Ps I live in the Republic of Ireland.

I've had the same since the beginning. I took it in for examination and was told it is not unusual. Have had mine for a year now and it's still happening. Don't know why it does this though.

I've had the same since the beginning. I took it in for examination and was told it is not unusual. Have had mine for a year now and it's still happening. Don't know why it does this though.
Yeah. I find it very annoying but it seems to go away when the ice warms up.l drove a mg hs ice only and no vibration. The technicians in ireland don't know what they are .cheers

I've updated the thread title because the original gave no clue to the subject matter :)

Same here, still noticable after 10,000 miles though reducing a bit, and disappears when petrol engine has warmed up. Seems to be an annoying problem on all HS PHEVs and you'd think would be easy for MG to design a simple fix to damp the vibration on the throttle cable.

Same here, still noticable after 10,000 miles though reducing a bit, and disappears when petrol engine has warmed up. Seems to be an annoying problem on all HS PHEVs and you'd think would be easy for MG to design a simple fix to damp the vibration on the throttle cable.
I agree the ice is course enough but the vibration certainly makes it worse.have to live with it I suppose. I got no help from the dealership seems to me as if they don't want to know

I have had my car for a year now here in Portugal, without any issues at all. The engine seems to be extremely smooth, with no vibration through the throttle pedal that has been reported by some owners.

I have had my car for a year now here in Portugal, without any issues at all. The engine seems to be extremely smooth, with no vibration through the throttle pedal that has been reported by some owners.
Good to know it's not in all the PHEVs maybe I can get my dealership to do something about mine.but I won't hold my breath. After sales service is non existant for mgs in ireland. Cheers

I think I am really fortunate here in Portugal ,as the dealerships bend over backwards to help and answer any queries. They seem to be very knowledgable.

I think I am really fortunate here in Portugal ,as the dealerships bend over backwards to help and answer any queries. They seem to be very knowledgable.
A friend of mine is buying a 2 year old mg hs phev next week I can't to take it for a drive to see if it has that nasty vibration. I will let ye know when I drive it.

Yes, that would be interesting to find out just how common the vibration is. When I test drove the dealerships cars before buying, ( two separate cars), they were lovely and smooth and impressed me. Hence, I decided to buy.

Yes, that would be interesting to find out just how common the vibration is. When I test drove the dealerships cars before buying, ( two separate cars), they were lovely and smooth and impressed me. Hence, I decided to buy.
Me too but I think I drove purely in ev mode because it was new and exciting for me.the engine might have been warmed up before I drove it .watch auto bears on u tube he is the only one I've seen to mention the vibration issue .l let you know next week and drive it when the engine is cold.if it was an issue with all of them I would accept it if not I'd like to get it sorted but I think I'd have to go to China ha ha certainly not in ireland.

I must admit I have never really felt a vibration through the pedal, maybe a slight bit but only when cold.

I must admit I have never really felt a vibration through the pedal, maybe a slight bit but only when cold.
Just wondering mine is an exclusive with chrome sports throttle pedal is yours the same

Just wondering mine is an exclusive with chrome sports throttle pedal is yours the same
I'm grasping at straws.

I'm grasping at straws.
Today covered the pedal with Styrofoam and low and behold I can't feel any vibration. Don't get me wrong vibration is still there it just that I can't feel it so it has to be a simple fix if the dealerships really care.l have removed the Styrofoam since .

my friend picked up his mg yesterday I drove it this morning when engine was cold no vibration what so ever actually I was jealous of his car although it has 50000 miles on it.my conclusion is that the vibration is not on all cars.

HI samcain,
You said that when you test drove the car you travelled in EV. When I drove both cars in the dealership, it was a cold wet day and they both started up in ICE mode. There was no vibration at all, or excessive motor roughness. After 10 mins I chose to engage EV mode and was impressed with the smoothness and quietness of the car. I drove through the city of Porto with insane traffic and out onto the motorway complex where I could "put the boot down" to test handling, acceleration, top speed and noise. It was a really good "test drive". I think the salesman enjoyed it almost as much as me. Just for general information, the stated top speed is 118 MPH. Well, I can confirm that it is closer to almost 130!!MPH All with a nice reasonably smooth ride. It took a while to get there, but quite acceptable for a fat SUV. (PS. the motorway was straight and quiet and no risks were taken)

Oh, I forgot to mention that the test drive lasted at least 1 hour (Each car was tested for 1 hour) The dealership was very helpful and accomodating.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the test drive lasted at least 1 hour (Each car was tested for 1 hour) The dealership was very helpful and accomodating.
Hi Faa jock.I am more determined to get mine sorted now after reading your comments .john mg mentioned vibration coming from throttle cable but there is no throttle cable its electronic which makes it more of a mystery. Service is due end of February and this time I won't be shrugged off. I traded a 2018 Ford Kuga with 10 000 km on the clock plus 19 000 euro so I think I should be listened to. If you are speaking to your dealership u might mention my problem it would be interesting to see what they have to say if u don't mind. This is really bothering me. Cheers jock

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Sunday samcain !!
Yep, no problem. My car is booked in for its service on the 15th , so I will mention the vibration problem you are having, and see if they have experienced this complaint before. I will get back to you shortly after that. Stick to your guns and tell your guys that it is definately not a "normal thing", not all PHEVS have this problem. All the best.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom