Annual insurance

rmbobbles

Novice Member
Reaction score
I am just about to place a deposit on a red exclusive for September delivery

So i thought i would checkup on prospective insurance costs

so i was surprised at some ofthe offerings, such as Tesco at £1550

on searching i find that a decent policy fully comp is somewhere between £460 and £550

Can anyone point me to the correct insurer

many thanks in advance

Bobbles

It depends on your own circumstances, area, age, NCB, where it’s kept, and so my only advise is use confused.com, this should give you the best options and prices. That said you can normally only get a true price quote about two weeks prior to taking out a policy, but at least it will give you an idea.
Also look at getting yourself ‘Gap insurance’ look it up and it will give you the benefits, but basically if your car is written off during the policy term the Gap will pay the difference between what you insurance pays and the invoice purchase value.

Mine was £300 with Quote Me Happy, as a second car so no NCB as you can't use it on 2 cars at once. So would've been less than half that with full NCB.
If you go with them, as a referral from me, enter " X45PC2" at checkout and you'll get a £50 Amazon voucher and I'll get one too at my renewal. ;)

Been looking for insurance as well.Go compare gave good rates.

I am just about to place a deposit on a red exclusive for September delivery

So i thought i would checkup on prospective insurance costs

so i was surprised at some ofthe offerings, such as Tesco at £1550

on searching i find that a decent policy fully comp is somewhere between £460 and £550

Can anyone point me to the correct insurer

many thanks in advance

Bobbles
Hi Bobbles,

I insured via MG themselves. Try them, go onto the MG webpage and under the "owners" tab you will find where you can get an insurance Quote.

Regards

Frank

Hi Bobbles,

I insured via MG themselves. Try them, go onto the MG webpage and under the "owners" tab you will find where you can get an insurance Quote.

Regards

Frank
Hi Frank ,How did your quote compare with others and what about the excess figures.Please help.
Thanks

Hi Frank ,How did your quote compare with others and what about the excess figures.Please help.
Thanks
Hi Kpa,

Just as good with excellent benefits however your quote could be very different. All I can say is look but one major benefit with MG insurance is that within the first year you will be given a NEW car if yours is written off. I do not know what you would consider affordable but my yearly cost is just over £350.

Regards

Frank

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom