Another EV advantage

GaryMG4

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
We went to an event in Sheringham yesterday and the town was rammed full of visitors. Having joined the procession driving round two car parks to no avail, and about to leave the third I spotted 6 EV charging spaces with only one occupied, result! The four hour limit was a little restricting but £13 for 29kWh plus £5 to park wasn't too bad and at least I did manage to park. Amazed the spaces weren't ice'd although there was a few disgruntled looks from others doing the car park tours.

A friend with a Leaf was telling me about a minor problem he had had trying to get his car disconnected from a type 2 charger in Edinburgh. Knowing that he lived only 15 miles from Edinburgh I asked him what he was doing on that charger in the first place.

He didn't need the charge at all, but he'd completely failed to find a parking space...

A friend with a Leaf was telling me about a minor problem he had had trying to get his car disconnected from a type 2 charger in Edinburgh. Knowing that he lived only 15 miles from Edinburgh I asked him what he was doing on that charger in the first place.

He didn't need the charge at all, but he'd completely failed to find a parking space...
I didn't need the charge either, had plenty to get home. If id thought about it I would have restricted the current to 8 or 16 amps as its cheaper to charge at home, but at least there's no idle charge at that site.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom