Antenna or something on new windscreen

Simon John

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hello, I have just received my MG5 EV LR but there's something that looks like an antenna or security tag, I'm not taking it off before I know what it is and the dealer never said a dickie, does anyone know what its for and if I can remove, see picture attached.
Thank you
Simon
Antenna on windscreen.jpg

It's for vehicle shipment and recognition during assembling, you can remove it after receive your car :)

Have a look at this thread:

Just peeled mine off :)

Little residue bit of glass cleaner with a microfibre and it comes right off
E8A0769B-CB54-4F67-B580-BFF5E50A554A.jpeg
669B131F-9DBE-44AC-B5EF-61721ECC310F.jpeg

Attachments

• 2955A43B-7571-4FC1-B9D9-6D82AA6C5180.jpeg
    2955A43B-7571-4FC1-B9D9-6D82AA6C5180.jpeg
    404.7 KB · Views: 71
Well, now I really am confused!
I have the tag shown above in Simon's post and my dealer, on handover, told me it was DAB aerial and I must not remove it as the DAB radio wouldn't work without it.
Can anyone confirm the truth please, how will I know if it is an RFID tag for sure? I am starting to lose faith in the dealer and suspect that they just make things up as they go along

Well, now I really am confused!
I have the tag shown above in Simon's post and my dealer, on handover, told me it was DAB aerial and I must not remove it as the DAB radio wouldn't work without it.
Can anyone confirm the truth please, how will I know if it is an RFID tag for sure? I am starting to lose faith in the dealer and suspect that they just make things up as they go along
If it's some kind of DAB antenna it'll be connected to the radio. Is there a wire coming away from the thing and disappearing into the dash somewhere,?

If you have a phone, or access to one, with NFC capabilities, that might show whether it is an RFID tag. A negative result might just be an incompatible tag though.

I thought the same as yourself, that if it were a DAB antenna then surely it must have a wired connection to the radio (which it does not), but I am just not knowledgeable in these matters and placed my trust in the dealers salesman (I know, how naive is that)!

I thought the same as yourself, that if it were a DAB antenna then surely it must have a wired connection to the radio (which it does not), but I am just not knowledgeable in these matters and placed my trust in the dealers salesman (I know, how naive is that)!
Can you post a picture of your tag? It does sound like the RFID thing. Is it just stuck randomly on the screen or inside the wiper area?

It is outside the wiper area. I have attached 2 photo's, one from the inside of the car and one from the outside. Hope this helps

Attachments

• IMG_7912.jpeg
    IMG_7912.jpeg
    327.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_7911.jpeg
    IMG_7911.jpeg
    252.2 KB · Views: 65
It is outside the wiper area. I have attached 2 photo's, one from the inside of the car and one from the outside. Hope this helps
That looks exactly like the OP's picture so I think it can be removed.

A quick update, I rang MG national after sales services. They told me that it is a workaround for a problem with the DAB radio itself when the chip shortage enforced a change in the radio. They also stated that when able the dealer will call in the cars affected and correct the problem at source. So in the meantime I should leave it on?

Did you send the a picture of the sticker?
I thought the DAB work around was a small box in the glove box.

No, I only had a conversation with them over the phone. I was not aware until very lately that there had even been a problem with the DAB or, that a workaround had been necessary, so I am at a bit of a disadvantage with the issue.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom