anti fog film or spray for wing mirror glass?

deviousrich

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Me again, random question....
in the mornings my car is prone to fogging / droplets both the windscreen and the wingmirrors
(i know i have heated wingmirrors, but a) thats slow and b) uses battery ;-) )

i was considering a anti-fog film/stickers that you get for the wing mirrors, but before i went mad and spent a whole couple of quid i thought id see if anyone had opinions if thats worth doing, or any other ideas like anti-fog sprays that actually work?

I find the heater takes ages to clear the wing mirror glass so a spray maybe the way to go.

There are a few different anti fog sprays that I've used for the inside of my helmet visor when riding my motorbike, Muc off anti fog spray and GS27 anti fog spray, Might work not sure?

Plus there are a few rain repellant products about, Nikwax visor proof for one.
In the end I changed helmets to include an anti fog shield, so there may be newer stuff out there??

externally - I recently used rain-x on my ICE car - water runs off but it seems to have a detrimental effect on the initial build up of fine droplets first thin in the morning now that the temperatures are starting to drop.

externally - I recently used rain-x on my ICE car - water runs off but it seems to have a detrimental effect on the initial build up of fine droplets first thin in the morning now that the temperatures are starting to drop.
I used some Rain-Ex window cleaner and that has left a film on the outside of the windscreen that mists up first thing. It soon clears when I put some heat on the screen but it's annoying, it's like a greasy coating.

Rainx is fine for the mirrors and rear window but avoid putting it on the windscreen, purely because its distracting seeing tbe rain drops running up your windscree n when driving :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom