Anti-Fog

If you are driving using ECO mode rather than Normal?
I find the AC is totally ineffective in ECO mode! Even the heating goes off. 21ºC can't be maintained and the car cools down quite quickly in ECO mode.
I think that it is faulty but MG maintain this is normal!
In Normal and Sport the AC, I find, is very effective in keeping the screen clear in this damp weather.

I agree. The car seems to need its 7kw heater maxing out to get some heat going. I think it’s pretty insane how inefficient the heater is.
My old bmw i3 60ah REX had no trouble providing enough heat in eco pro which ran the heater with limited power.

I drive in ECO mode and have had no trouble with the heater or demister. It does take a minute or two for the resistive elements to heat up, but when they are up to temperature it works fine in my ZS.

I drive in ECO mode and have had no trouble with the heater or demister. It does take a minute or two for the resistive elements to heat up, but when they are up to temperature it works fine in my ZS.

Well that’s positive to hear. Can you share your hvac settings and outside temp?

Well that’s positive to hear. Can you share your hvac settings and outside temp?
Outside temp around 8 to 10 degrees Celcius. Heater set at 23 degrees, fan speed 4.

I have tested the performance in Normal and ECO, and Normal mode does warm up much quicker than ECO but they both reach the alloted temperature in the end. So if you need a quick heat up and demist, leave it in Normal until the windscreen is clear or the cabin is warm and then switch to ECO would be my advice.

In Eco mine just blows cold air, it doesn’t matter what temp it’s set at, normal blasts the heat if I want it

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom