Any disadvantages using auto mode on the heating?

I use it most of the time I just wish it didn’t have a preference for the mid vents and instead used the other vents a tiny bit more.
At times I set it to AUTO and then manually set it to use the windscreen and feet vents.
I also chose minimum air volume on auto.

The one time I set the fan to auto it was still blasting at max ten miles later.

Most cars do this.
I think it’s the difference between the car sensing it hasn’t reached the required temperature and you/me just thinking enough is enough.
‘Operator impatience’ rather than a fault.

Personally I think if, like me, you like to set the temperature once and leave it alone in Auto, it seems to take longer to warm the car up.
I just leave mine set at 24C (real world 19C) auto and use preheat if it's a cold day.

I don't use it as it keeps blasting at max for too long, as others have said, so I just use the shortcuts on the wheel to adjust as I want to.
ISTR there's a choice in the climate settings screen for high, medium or low fan speed on auto.

Tried auto once and it started to rain. I was on motorway at time. Windscreen started to steam up. Tried to adjust settings while driving but far to dangerous messing about with touch screen and had to pull off road, cancel auto and set a manual setting to keep windscreen clear. Never used it since and don't intend to try it again. I now have setting set pre-drive depending on weather forecast for journey.

I have the right star buttons set to the AC so if the windscreen starts to steam up I press the windscreen button below the infotainment screen and then using the star button and joystick increase the temperature.

Tried auto once and it started to rain. I was on motorway at time. Windscreen started to steam up. Tried to adjust settings while driving but far to dangerous messing about with touch screen and had to pull off road, cancel auto and set a manual setting to keep windscreen clear. Never used it since and don't intend to try it again. I now have setting set pre-drive depending on weather forecast for journey.
All you have to do in that situation is press the demist button. If that doesn't clear it then the inside of your windscreen needs cleaning.

That happened to me yesterday about three in the morning. Driving out of an airport car park with a friend in the car. Windscreen started to steam up. Pressed demist button, windscreen cleared almost immediately. Actually pretty impressive.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 539 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back