Any modders on here. ๐Ÿ™‚

salty

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I know, I've not even got an MG 4 yet, but I do like to mod my cars a bit, nothing drastic, just a few mods, usually wheels and lowered, any more on here that way inclined. ๐Ÿ™‚
Couple of examples. 19s and lowered 30mm.
20230922_111029.jpg

20230922_111059.jpg

20230922_105756.jpg
20230922_105639.jpg

I know, I've not even got an MG 4 yet, but I do like to mod my cars a bit, nothing drastic, just a few mods, usually wheels and lowered, any more on here that way inclined. ๐Ÿ™‚
View attachment 20791
View attachment 20792
View attachment 20793View attachment 20794
Ignoring the philistines (๐Ÿ˜‰), yes take a look at the upgrade and accessories forum:

Plenty of people there who like the same as you! ๐Ÿ˜

When I got my Golf GTi the forum there was infested with people doing things like that to the wheels of their new cars. I have absolutely no idea at all what the point is. Call me a Philistine.
You're a Philistine. ๐Ÿ˜‰ No seriously though it's not for you, it's all about opinions. ๐Ÿ™‚

His & Hers, MG 4's. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘
His.
20230805_162001.jpg

20230805_161938.jpg

Hers.
20230901_173729.jpg

20230901_173654.jpg

Or t'other way around, whichever takes your fancy. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

Last edited:

I also haven't got my MG yet, but I've had similar thoughts to you.

I have historically modified my cars to varying degrees. My current EV daily is standard, but my 'fun' car has had a few little bits done to it. To be honest it didn't need anything mechanically other than different brake pads, but I've added some carbon parts, upgraded the stereo system, and done a few other minor tweaks to make it look better in my opinion.

Unfortunately my MG4 Xpower will be on a lease, so there will be very little that I can do to it.

When I got my Golf GTi the forum there was infested with people doing things like that to the wheels of their new cars. I have absolutely no idea at all what the point is. Call me a Philistine.
You have "no idea what the point is"? I find that a slightly bizarre thing to say. You genuinely don't understand the concept of changing the wheels to something that is more aesthetically pleasing to the (car enthusiast) owner?

Do you equally have no idea why anybody would pay additional money to get their MG4 in one of the colours which isn't Arctic White or Holborn Blue? After all, what's the 'point' in a different colour?

I've got an XPower on order, but if I could change one thing about the car it would be the standard wheels. I don't like diamond cut face wheels in general, but especially so on 'sporty' models and I am of the opinion that the looks would be massively improved with a different wheel option such as those in the OP's original photographs (albeit maybe not in white).

Many manufacturers offer various different wheels (and more) as cost options when specifying a new vehicle to account for personal tastes and offer some level of personalisation. (Porsche are the masters at this) Changing the wheels after you've bought the car is no different.

You're a Philistine. ๐Ÿ˜‰ No seriously though it's not for you, it's all about opinions. ๐Ÿ™‚

His.
View attachment 20795
View attachment 20796
Hers.
View attachment 20797
View attachment 20798
Or t'other way around, whichever takes you fancy. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘
Looks The Dogs Danglies IMHO.
Not sure I'd get away with the pink though ๐Ÿคฃ

Been there and done that with lots of my previous cars so totally "get it"

Won't be doing it to my XPower though as the wife has a dodgy hip and my car is just the right height for her to get in.

Wouldn't be against putting the rims up above on it though, they look epic.๐Ÿ‘

I do think it needs spacers esp on the back. Not much but 20mm should do it.

some people like the tucked/stance look! The pink one is a bit Katie Price but hey ho. Its a good looking car. All cost saving with the OEM wheels of all MG cars

Quite possibly, hopefully a small drop (30mm) should be ok. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘
You might be waiting a while for a good company to start offering drop springs etc like eibach or h&r but if the X power sits lower getting the springs from mg and switching them out yourself is an easy task with the right tools

Also not sure if the stiffer uprated springs in the xpower are progressive or linear, I've always preferred progressive when both options have been available for comfort and less bounce

You might be waiting a while for a good company to start offering drop springs etc like eibach or h&r but if the X power sits lower getting the springs from mg and switching them out yourself is an easy task with the right tools
Yep, you could be right, but they are out now for the "normal" MG 4. The top company's don't tend to hang around to long, hopefully. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

You're right h&r are now selling springs and spacers, last time I checked was months ago when there was nothing. 30mm drop could be perfect ๐Ÿฅฐ

His.
View attachment 20795
View attachment 20796
Hers.
View attachment 20797
View attachment 20798
Or t'other way around, whichever takes your fancy. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘
Man I just got my volcano orange Xpower this week... and I'm already bitten.

I have to ask, how did you get the paint effect on the lower parts of the car? Is that just painted/wrapped or did you remove the black bits and that metal is underneath?

Sorry if that's noob as but i love it. :D

1st of all..
20230430_164900.jpg

If you mean, the lower kit on the car, it comes ready painted in your colour of car.
And fits quite easily over the plastic on the car, no removing anything off your car.
That's not my car by the way, it's a site I stumbled across while, searching MG 4
modifications. The site is s-sporty.com there's a video on showing the kit being fitted. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

1st of all..
View attachment 21499
If you mean, the lower kit on the car, it comes ready painted in your colour of car.
And fits quite easily over the plastic on the car, no removing anything off your car.
That's not my car by the way, it's a site I stumbled across while, searching MG 4
modifications. The site is s-sporty.com there's a video on showing the kit being fitted. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘
I went and looked at that site. No Volcano Orange option for the kit </3

Ah well I guess I'll just be patient

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom