Any positive reviews MG ZS EV

Spiker1968

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all,

I've just ordered a 73' plate MG ZS Trophy Long Range with 1500 miles on the clock, really looking forward to collecting the car (well I was) until I saw all the posts regarding issues/faults with this model. Is there a section for positive vibes/reviews about the car to lift my spirit a bit.

Great forum

Regards

Andy

Have a look at the thread titled "In Praise of the ZS".
I have had my ZS EV Trophy long range since last June, purchased new at rather more than you are paying no doubt. On the whole its been an excellent car.
Thanks for the reply Daver, I hadn't seen that thread and I'll take a look. So glad your experience with your trophy has been positive. I feel better already.

Regards

Thanks for the reply Daver, I hadn't seen that thread and I'll take a look. So glad your experience with your trophy has been positive. I feel better already.

Regards
Always remember: the internet is a negative experience echo and amplyfing chamber. Everyone comes here looking for solutions because they have a problem. Seldomly one comes here and goes “everything alright today! See you tomorrow!”
So don’t worry, lots of people who will not post are happy with the car. 👍

Always remember: the internet is a negative experience echo and amplyfing chamber. Everyone comes here looking for solutions because they have a problem. Seldomly one comes here and goes “everything alright today! See you tomorrow!”
So don’t worry, lots of people who will not post are happy with the car. 👍
Thankyou for your reply.

I made the mistake of reading all the faults/problems first, but as you say people come here looking for solutions to their car problems. So glad I looked at the positive posts as suggested by Daver, completely put my mind at ease.

Thanks again

Can i ask in this thread about RFID cards for EV charging?
Which one?
Do I really need one?
Will I end up with 10+ different cards due to the amount of different EV charging companies?

Is there already a thread on this topic

Sorry and thanks again

Lots of apps and lots of cards. I am in Germany but have a Shell recharge card (amongst 5 others) and an Ionity app on my phone (again amongst others). Paying euro 5.95/month with Ionity gives you .20 cents/kWh off the price. In Germany that makes it .49 cents and in France .39 cents, so if you are on holiday and charging a lot it makes for great savings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can i ask in this thread about RFID cards for EV charging?
Which one?
Do I really need one?
Will I end up with 10+ different cards due to the amount of different EV charging companies?

Is there already a thread on this topic

Sorry and thanks again
I never use any apps or RFID's to charge. If you use Zap-Map, you can set a filter to show pay at pump only. I used to use the Pod-Point app to get a free charge at Tesco, but now that has finished, it's debit card only for me.:)

ICE car drivers aren't lumbered with apps, RFID's and monthly subscriptions, so why shoud BEV drivers?

Lots of apps and lots of cards. I am in Germany but have a Shell recharge card (amongst 5 others) and an Ionity app on my phone (again amongst others). Paying euro 5.95/month with Ionity gives you .20 cents/Kwh off the price. In Germany that makes it .49 cents and in France .39 cents, so if you are on holiday and charging a lot it makes for great savings.
Thanks Roldorf

I'd already ordered a shell recharge card and an electroverse card, I'd looked at cards that have a subscription but think I'll hold off until I know what I'm doing and what I really need. 👍

I never use any apps or RFID's to charge. If you use Zap-Map, you can set a filter to show pay at pump only. I used to use the Pod-Point app to get a free charge at Tesco, but now that has finished, it's debit card only for me.:)

ICE car drivers aren't lumbered with apps, RFID's and monthly subscriptions, so why shoud BEV drivers?
Zapmap now downloaded and set to show pay at pump 👍.
Thanks for the advice.

Super car don’t worry.
Second mgzs ..No issues at all almost 4,5 years 👍
Thankyou, I'm looking forward to picking the car up, I think I just needed to hear some positives after drowning myself in reading problems people are encountering.
After owning a lot of different car makes/models (albeit non of them electric) I'm only too aware of the problems some cars can have.
Roll on next Friday (pick up day)
😀

Zapmap now downloaded and set to show pay at pump 👍.
Thanks for the advice.
They are excellent cars and fun to drive. The only app I actively use is Electroverse as it takes the money you spend from your bank after a charge instead of pre-authorising £20 with a debit card. It gives discounted prices with some providers too. We can both get some credit if you sign up with this link.

Hey, use my link to sign up to Octopus Electroverse & we both get charging credit!

As already said, go on ANY brands car forum, you'll getting more people moaning about there car, than praising the car. And im talking about brands a lot more expensive and supposedly better than an MG. And this forum is no exception. It's just the way it is. Enjoy your new motor, I'm sure you will. 🙂👍

They are excellent cars and fun to drive. The only app I actively use is Electroverse as it takes the money you spend from your bank after a charge instead of pre-authorising £20 with a debit card. It gives discounted prices with some providers too. We can both get some credit if you sign up with this link.

Hey, use my link to sign up to Octopus Electroverse & we both get charging credit!
Thanks Chris but I've already signed up for the electroverse, I think I'll keep this and the shell recharge card I've ordered.
Hopefully I'll be covered along with contactless.
Cheers

Love mine. No issues. Used in UK and 1 X trip in France. No major/unsolveable issues whatsoever. It is/has to be up there with the best value EV(s) out there.

Would echo previous re electroverse, you don't need much more than that in my book. I would say however its handy having the RFID card in the glovebox - I've experienced chargers that haven't got going via the app or screen (if there was one!) but the card has been enough to bring it to life. Welcome and enjoy, I'm sure you will! 👍👍👍

Love mine. No issues. Used in UK and 1 X trip in France. No major/unsolveable issues whatsoever. It is/has to be up there with the best value EV(s) out there.

Would echo previous re electroverse, you don't need much more than that in my book. I would say however its handy having the RFID card in the glovebox - I've experienced chargers that haven't got going via the app or screen (if there was one!) but the card has been enough to bring it to life. Welcome and enjoy, I'm sure you will! 👍👍👍

Oh, just seen you're collecting a 2nd hand one. That's my only regret, not getting it at the price you are!! (I don't really mean that. Totally different market now and comparing apples with oranges).

To add, see above my previous shpiel - seperate old thread, after i'd picked mine up. That was just over a year ago. No major change in feeling. Good reliable car. No remorse whatsoever

Oh, just seen you're collecting a 2nd hand one. That's my only regret, not getting it at the price you are!! (I don't really mean that. Totally different market now and comparing apples with oranges).

MASSIVE FUTURE BLOOD PRESSURE REDUCING TIP: MAKE SURE PREVIOUS OWNER HAS UNBOUND THEIR ACCOUNT TO THE CAR BEFORE YOU COLLECT IT.

It's a simple job (for previous owner) but there are countless reports of it happening. Happened to me in fact. Massive pain in the backside to resolve once you've driven off. My advice, call the dealer tomorrow, tell them to 100% ensure this is done prior to collection and perhaps get them to confirm it to you before you go. (They just need to ensure previous owner has unbound the car). This essential step is rarely considered/completed on resales. Bonne chance!

Hi all,

I've just ordered a 73' plate MG ZS Trophy Long Range with 1500 miles on the clock, really looking forward to collecting the car (well I was) until I saw all the posts regarding issues/faults with this model. Is there a section for positive vibes/reviews about the car to lift my spirit a bit.

Great forum

Regards

Andy
I like my 23 plate ZS Trophy LR.
  • tall for better view, easier to get into car
  • with short city car, easy to negotiate corner with slow speed
  • 360° camera and parking sensors
  • With pm2.5 filter for clean air
  • adaptive cruise control for relaxing motorway driving
  • many safety features
  • remote control app
  • built-in nevigation
Those were the criteria when I searched for car. You will enjoy luxury without paying too much on car and running cost.
Negative side: difficult to put bicycle on roof rack. Large SUV style bonnet which will block view for others

To add, see above my previous shpiel - seperate old thread, after i'd picked mine up. That was just over a year ago. No major change in feeling. Good reliable car. No remorse whatsoever

MASSIVE FUTURE BLOOD PRESSURE REDUCING TIP: MAKE SURE PREVIOUS OWNER HAS UNBOUND THEIR ACCOUNT TO THE CAR BEFORE YOU COLLECT IT.

It's a simple job (for previous owner) but there are countless reports of it happening. Happened to me in fact. Massive pain in the backside to resolve once you've driven off. My advice, call the dealer tomorrow, tell them to 100% ensure this is done prior to collection and perhaps get them to confirm it to you before you go. (They just need to ensure previous owner has unbound the car). This essential step is rarely considered/completed on resales. Bonne chance!
Wow hadn't thought about the unbinding, I'm buying it from a car dealership but not an MG dealership, hope this won't cause problems if it hasn't been done. I'll ring them in the morning.

Thankyou

It is easier if you can get the car released from the bind by the previous owner of the car of course.
The current dealer will have the previous owners contact details I assume ?.
They can request him / her to release the bond from their phone(s).
But if this is not at all possible for some reason, the it can be done by contacting MG Customer Services.
They will need you to provide them with some proof of ownership of course, but THEY are able to restore the car in order for you to then bind with the car.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom