Any tips?

Mclean93

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Just picked up my brand new MG ZS EV EXCLUSIVE this afternoon. So I thought I would join the community... The car has so many gadgets and so much technology. Do you guys have any tips or recommendations for me?? Thanks in advance. 😁

Congrats. I am picking mine up tomorrow morning. Got a 120 mile trip in the afternoon and not sure if I should use it.

My only advise is like what most people don’t do, read the owners manual it is useful to know how to manage the car and functions, well done on your purchase it’s great value and I love mine..

Last edited:
Also down load Zap-Map app and the Pod-Point app. Look for local free electric with Pod-Point as I use them quite frequently, park up and charge while doing emails or watching a movie on my IPad. Nice to know you can get free fuel...👍👍😊

I agree with Mark. Don’t get too hung up on learning it alll straight away, you’re getting used to both the car and EV driving. Both of which are great.

I agree read the manual I don't pick mine up until next Friday but I picked up the manual last Saturday and only half way through it 😊

Had mine delivered Monday before last and immediately off on a family staycation (so I was delighted that it arrived from the dealer with a full charge :) )

We covered more than 500 miles between Monday and Friday, so that was a pretty good run-in. I read the manual ahead of delivery to ensure I've got the main functions mapped...the rest, I'm happy to test/find/discover as I go on.

Driving mode, KERS, range and charging (how to) are the most important aspects, I would suggest. @Phil Hayward mention of handbrake functions also wise :)

Took me some time, and had to reread the manual a couple of times, before I got the speed limiter to work.
Yes, didn't put the acc to off, just standby... 😆
And, speaking of the limiter, is it not possible to set speeds other that at 5 km/h steps?

And, speaking of the limiter, is it not possible to set speeds other that at 5 km/h steps?
I think it is, although I don't have the manual or car to hand - from memory moving the stalk up/down uses 5mph increments, twisiting the end of the stalk, it uses 1mph increments. Happy to stand corrected, as I say nothing to refer to right now.

Page 187 of the Owner Manual:

"Note: Briefly operate the adaptive cruise lever switch upward (1) or downward (2) once, the target speed will change 5mph / 5km/h, press and hold the lever upward or downward and the speed will increase or decrease in 1mph / 1km/h increments, release the lever when the desired speed reading is displayed."

(y)

Page 187 of the Owner Manual:

"Note: Briefly operate the adaptive cruise lever switch upward (1) or downward (2) once, the target speed will change 5mph / 5km/h, press and hold the lever upward or downward and the speed will increase or decrease in 1mph / 1km/h increments, release the lever when the desired speed reading is displayed."

(y)

I was close ;)

Except, that is for acc, not speed limiter.
Twisting didn't help either 😕

Edit : Had a re read of the manual, and it states that single press up or down is 5 km/h, holding it up/down, it'll continuously increase/ decrease by intervals of 5 km/h.
So, limiter is just every 5

Last edited:
Would it be correct to say that it's not actually a speed limiter as such?
On my current ICE vehicle, which I hope to change when its warranty expires at the end of the year, for a ZS, the speed limiter function doesn't maintain the set speed, but stops you from driving any faster than the set speed. When you take your foot off, the car slows down.
You might argue that this is removing the onus on the driver to pay due care and attention to keeping to the speed limits, but then you could equally point to ACC as removing the onus to keep your eyes on the car in front of you! ;)

Same function on the ZS. And it is a limiter, as lit limits the speed you can drive in.
I prefer driving with a limiter over acc, feel I got more control that way.
And since the acc doesn't use kers, I'm sure it'll be more efficient

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom