Anybody using a MG5 as a taxi?

DeanH

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi, I am looking to either purchase a MG4 Trophy or the MK1 MG5. Looking online a good low mileage 2nd hand 5 will save me nearly 10k over the 4 trophy. I'm going to do about 25/30k a year and my thoughts are the depreciation I'm going to put on a MG4 Trophy over a MG5. I would be interested in to here what peoples thoughts are who use them as taxis?

Factor in running costs as the MG5 is more efficient than the MG4 so the cost per mile will be lower. As an estate, the MG5 is also far more practical for use as a Taxi. The Roewe version of the MG5 is used extensively as a Taxi in China.

Hi, I am looking to either purchase a MG4 Trophy or the MK1 MG5. Looking online a good low mileage 2nd hand 5 will save me nearly 10k over the 4 trophy. I'm going to do about 25/30k a year and my thoughts are the depreciation I'm going to put on a MG4 Trophy over a MG5. I would be interested in to here what peoples thoughts are who use them as taxis?
There is a FB group for MG5 taxi drivers.

I use my MG5 for private hire and it's by far the best decision I've ever made....last 4 yrs in the Octavia I was spending £500/600 a month on fuel...now with home Ohme Pro charger fitted at home I'm spending less than £20 a week on electricity

I use my MG5 for private hire and it's by far the best decision I've ever made....last 4 yrs in the Octavia I was spending £500/600 a month on fuel...now with home Ohme Pro charger fitted at home I'm spending less than £20 a week on electricity
There are 3 MG5s in my area. I have fl trophy, other 2 are pfls used as taxis. Not been mistaken for one up to now

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom