Anyone do high mileage?

fatboyfat1981

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Evening all (and hello BTW)

About to take the plunge after realising that my 2009 diesel Insignia is close to kicking the bucket. Been thinking about an EV for years but had been put off by the range v cost problem- £60k on a Tesla is silly & a cheaper car with 120 mile range won’t work. This was until the mk2 ZS was announced.

My commute is about 80 miles a day & I do between 23-25k miles a year so my question is- is there anyone out there that does significant milage in their MG EV? What’s your experience been with reliability & servicing?

I do 70 miles a day in my MG5 SR not had any problems.
I add 35% to the battery on my cheap 5p overnight 4 hours slot.

I would recommend getting a smart meter sooner rather than later as it can take a few weeks..
I have done 11k so far so well need a service at 15k a month before the year is up.
On the podcast this evening it was mentioned that there maybe a price increase of MG's in the New Year

I would recommend getting a smart meter sooner rather than later as it can take a few weeks..
I have done 11k so far so well need a service at 15k a month before the year is up.
On the podcast this evening it was mentioned that there maybe a price increase of MG's in the New Year
Thanks for the tip, got to get the main fuse checked first!

this might finally make me get a smart meter for that sweet off peak rate
If you can find one !.
With current energy price increases, a lot of companies like Octopus 🐙 have closed their doors to new customers.
Quotes for a fixed rate EV tariff with their companies are totally unaffordable !.
EDF e grey have quoted me a price that is three times what I was paying earlier this year.

If you can find one !.
With current energy price increases, a lot of companies like Octopus 🐙 have closed their doors to new customers.
Quotes for a fixed rate EV tariff with their companies are totally unaffordable !.
EDF e grey have quoted me a price that is three times what I was paying earlier this year.
From what I’ve read, it appears to be easier to stick with your existing supplier at the moment rather than change. I’ve got a 3-6 month timescale before I push the button on a purchase so one would think that the temporary shock in electricity prices will have settled down by then.

In any event, whilst I like saving money, a couple of pence per kWh is immaterial when comparing against my current gargantuan Diesel bill.

From what I’ve read, it appears to be easier to stick with your existing supplier at the moment rather than change. I’ve got a 3-6 month timescale before I push the button on a purchase so one would think that the temporary shock in electricity prices will have settled down by then.

In any event, whilst I like saving money, a couple of pence per kWh is immaterial when comparing against my current gargantuan Diesel bill.
EDF have bumped me onto some random Eco20”20 Standard (Variable) tariff.
If I log into my on-line account, it will not let me see any other tariffs !.
My tariff information for the electric only is set out on a weird excel spreadsheet sheet ?.
In this sheet, that I am on a GoDrive Dec22 tariff ?????.
The unit day rate is 24.89p / kWh.
In the night rate is say’s 0.00 / kWh.
On the bottom of the page, it goes on to explain about “Off Peak Rates”.
It say’s it will be paying a lower rate for your electricity between 9pm and 7am weekdays and ALL week end.
Fine - However, when I checked the tariff’s on my home smart meter last night ( day 1 of the new contract ) it reported that we where being changed 25 / kWh on the day rate, then at 22.00 hours, it reduced to 13 / kWh !!!.
Clearly something is wrong here !.
I rang them yesterday, I was on hold for 25 mins then we I managed to get to speak to somebody, I was quickly told that I would need to speak to the EV tariff team and somebody would call me back within 24 hours.
Well that has not happened !.
Previously I was paying about 23p / kWh on fat rate, then 8p / kWh from 22.00 hrs to 7.00 am Mon to Friday AND all weekend !.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom