Anyone else having problems with the new CPS chargers?

macd2401

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Since I picked up the car in January, I've had to rely on public charging (been waiting over 9 months to get the electrics fixed to allow a smart meter and home charger. Thank you 'Rona and dodgy 1950s sparks).

Once my CPS card came through, I started using the shiny new 50kW chargers installed at Strathaven (2 of them, and used both, multiple times), with occasional slow charges at work or station car parks. Everything has worked fine for months, until a few weeks ago, when I started getting connection errors every time I plugged in. I've tried the obvious things like restarting the car, moving it about, checking the connections etc, but to no avail. I'm now having to detour to Larkhall to use the old rapid charger in the station, but it looks like this is also about to be replaced with more of the new eVolt models.

Is this an issue anyone else has ran into? Your usual charger randomly no longer working for you? I don't have that much free hair left to tear out.

I use CPS regularly mostly without issue. I have had one of the new chargers at Kelso twice not recognise my membership card. Upon checking ZapMap it would appear to be a recurring fault with that charger. The issue is that CPS seem incapable of doing anything about it even when it has been reported.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom