Anyone else ordered a cybertruck?

MG4London

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I put £100 deposit down on day one, now there is a couple of million behind me in the q.

It looks like USA will get it next year and Europe the year after.

There is a chance some limited release in USA the end of this year.

Anyway I do think this will be the ultimate EV, I think it will be a while before anything can match it for value, if Elon keeps his promise of $39000 for those of us who put deposit down early

It’s bulletproof has amazing performance range battery capacity and efficiency

It’s powerful for towing carrying even off-roading

And the crazy thing is Elon says it’s amphibious you can drive into water and the wheels turning will propel you a short distance until the shallow water and you drive out the other side

I put £100 deposit down on day one, now there is a couple of million behind me in the q.

It looks like USA will get it next year and Europe the year after.

There is a chance some limited release in USA the end of this year.

Anyway I do think this will be the ultimate EV, I think it will be a while before anything can match it for value, if Elon keeps his promise of $39000 for those of us who put deposit down early

It’s bulletproof has amazing performance range battery capacity and efficiency

It’s powerful for towing carrying even off-roading

And the crazy thing is Elon says it’s amphibious you can drive into water and the wheels turning will propel you a short distance until the shallow water and you drive out the other side
There is no way that thing will even be close to £39000 in the UK, they have already said they will have to make a smaller one for UK/Europe because it's so big for UK roads.
Totally impractical for UK towns and cities.

There is no way that thing will even be close to £39000 in the UK, they have already said they will have to make a smaller one for UK/Europe because it's so big for UK roads.
Those of us who fixed the price early will be very happy 😁

Production is going head in any case

It’s no larger than similar size trucks on European roads

I believe this version of the cybertruck does not comply with UK/EU crash legislation either (eg pedestrian safety), so whether it fits or not it will be a future version in a few years time that gets here.

Those of us who fixed the price early will be very happy 😁

Production is going head in any case

It’s no larger than similar size trucks on European roads
They have stopped letting anyone outside USA put a deposit down.
The truck doesn't meet UK/Europe safety specs and they have already said it will need a redesign for over here, which will be years away for the UK, as they have 3 years worth of American orders to fulfill first.

They have stopped letting anyone outside USA put a deposit down.
The truck doesn't meet UK/Europe safety specs and they have already said it will need a redesign for over here, which will be years away for the UK, as they have 3 years worth of American orders to fulfill first.
Yes demand is way higher than supply which is why those of us who got out preorder in on day one are so happy

The slight changes to different markets is true of most cars and trucks these days

The cybertruck is about the same as similar trucks available here

Attachments

• 9AB9F104-B7E5-48AB-9947-DAA767293F3D.jpeg
    9AB9F104-B7E5-48AB-9947-DAA767293F3D.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 71
It's not a slight change, it's a complete redesign of the front of it and smaller dimensions it's 5.9 m long at the moment a ford ranger wildtrack is 5.3m long 2.15 including mirrors wide.
Cyber truck is about 2.1 without mirrors, so close to the same width but 2 foot longer.

First US deliveries are now looking at the start of 2024, UK/Europe at least a couple of years after that.
And the article I read Stayed that the £100 deposit did not secure your price, that apparently had subject to change in the small print, plus those prices quoted were US prices just converted into GBP. It will be considerably more here if and when it gets here.

I love EVs and I still think the cybertruck will be the ultimate EV.

I ordered the option of full self drive with mine, I know at the moment it’s still early days but I hope by the time I finally get mine the teaching troubles will be smoothed out somewhat

I love EVs and I still think the cybertruck will be the ultimate EV.

I ordered the option of full self drive with mine, I know at the moment it’s still early days but I hope by the time I finally get mine the teaching troubles will be smoothed out somewhat
You could well be right and for only £100, why not secure your place in the queue. I wish you luck with it even though I think you'll have a long wait.

I remember loads of people on a different forum putting a deposit on a Tesla Model 3 when Tesla said it would be released at [some amount which I don't recall which kept it out of the luxury car tax band].

Most cancelled their orders when it was finally released and was only a few hundred over the threshold.

If the Cybertruck ever gets to the UK the base model will be £50k+.There’s no ‘fixed price’ and I doubt if the UK market is at all attractive to Tesla for this type of vehicle anyway.

You could well be right and for only £100, why not secure your place in the queue. I wish you luck with it even though I think you'll have a long wait.
I will probably sell it if demand is really that high

They are talking about being able to sell it for £10K more than you paid for the early ones

Then I will buy another once demand has setdown

As has been said it's will be over £50k here
That would be great, expectations are if you can get one early on scalpers will be selling for 10% more than they paid for it, for those who were not on waiting list for years like me.

That would be great, expectations are if you can get one early on scalpers will be selling for 10% more than they paid for it, for those who were not on waiting list for years like me.
If you've got £50k to shell out for that monstrosity then good luck to you.
100kwh battery and an expected range of 220-250 miles on the cheapest rear wheel drive one, that is not a cheap vehicle to run.

If you've got £50k to shell out for that monstrosity then good luck to you.
100kwh battery and an expected range of 220-250 miles on the cheapest rear wheel drive one, that is not a cheap vehicle to run.
I’ve gone for the long range one but the way inflation is going even a tiny little four seater EV will be 50K

Either way the cybertruck will be well priced for what you get

Mate in the last couple of weeks you've been buying an MG 4 with your pal for their NHS discount, to getting your dad to buy it in his name as you got knocked back for finance to now getting a long range cyber truck.
Who's name are you getting that in?

Good luck charging that with your granny charger and extension lead, at least the lead will be unwound, it will have to be to get to the end of that thing 👍

The great feature that the cybertruck has in common with the MG4 is the V2L.

I loved the idea of the cyberquad in the back of the cybertruck and the ability to charge it via V2L.

Well in a similar way you can take an electric scooter or folding Ebike in the back of the MG4 and charge via V2L 😁

Attachments

• 490D128F-BCDA-4EE8-A880-62DDD04A226F.jpeg
    490D128F-BCDA-4EE8-A880-62DDD04A226F.jpeg
    13.6 KB · Views: 58
  • D7C965B7-5FB5-48D9-BFD6-65241CA093A9.jpeg
    D7C965B7-5FB5-48D9-BFD6-65241CA093A9.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 57
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back