Anyone else ordered a cybertruck?

I will probably sell it if demand is really that high

They are talking about being able to sell it for £10K more than you paid for the early ones

Then I will buy another once demand has setdown
Probably? 😁
I presumed you were testing the market with this thread 👍🏻

A similar thing kind of happened with the MG4 for a while with long waiting lists and no way you could get a discount from a dealer

My father could always get a discount when buying a brand new car but not if demand is higher than supply you can’t

I hear of some people selling an MG4 for more than they bought it for to someone who doesn’t want to go on a waiting list

A similar thing kind of happened with the MG4 for a while with long waiting lists and no way you could get a discount from a dealer

My father could always get a discount when buying a brand new car but not if demand is higher than supply you can’t
Thus the cookie crumbled....

I ordered a Cybertruck and a roadster (2.1s 0-60). I got them both at a knock down price that is guaranteed to be fixed for life. The roadster is not really fast enough for me and the Cybertruck won’t fit in my garage so I will probably sell them both and make about £100k overnight. I heard about a lot of people doing the same so it must be totally true.
Then I woke up.

I hear of some people selling an MG4 for more than they bought it for to someone who doesn’t want to go on a waiting list
Mate no one is selling used mg4's for more than they bought them for, no one is selling pretty much any EV for more than list.
You are pretty much kidding yourself with that idea, similarly you are being a bit naive with your plans for the cyber truck there is no way the price is guaranteed and as has been said numerous times it's years away from the UK market.

Mate no one is selling used mg4's for more than they bought them for, not are they selling pretty much any EV for more than list.
You are pretty much kidding yourself with that idea
To be fair he/we were using the past tense...

Yeah I know but was more the point of the exceptional circumstances we have had over the last 3 years.
I think for the foreseeable the cybertrunk is just a pipe dream for the UK market and it's a massive IF they ever redesign it to be suitable for UK roads any price that was mooted a few years ago when you first could reserve it will have grown hugely.

@Cocijo probably explained it better above in his post

Yeah I know but was more the point of the exceptional circumstances we have had over the last 3 years.

See you're using the past tense now 🙂
I think for the foreseeable the cybertrunk is just a pipe dream for the UK market and it's a massive IF they ever redesign it to be suitable for UK roads any price that was mooted a few years ago when you first could reserve it will have grown hugely
Sounds very believable 👍🏻

Entry-level, Single Motor, rear-wheel-drive Cybertrucks will be priced from $39,900 (roughly £31,000), undercutting the all-electric Ford F-150 Lightning’s starting price of $51,974. The single-motor Cybertruck will have a claimed 0–60mph time of 6.5 seconds and a top speed of 110mph. However, they’ll be fitted with smaller battery packs than the flagship model, meaning they’ll only be able to cover 250 miles between charges and tow up to 3,402kg.

Of course inflation will mean higher price by the time it’s released.

A bit like the VW ID2 which is being promoted to be RRP o around £22K or something and a big deal is being made it’s cheaper than the MG4.

My guess is by the time of actually releasing it inflation will be raging even more than it is today and those low prices will be a pipe dream

It’s all about supply and demand.

Scalpers will always take advantage of an opportunity

PS5 was a classic example of this. If demand is higher than supply and there is a long waiting list, there will be some impatient folks who are willing to pay more now rather than waiting.

I don’t know how true it is but apparently there was a time when some MG4s were in such high demand and low supply that some new ones were being sold for more than the original £25K to someone who didn’t want to go on a waiting list for a new one themselves

That is all over now with wait times decreased and supply has caught up with demand.

When the cybertruck is finally released there are millions of people on the waiting list and we have been waiting since 2019. There will be some who didn’t get on the waiting list early who are willing to pay more from someone who actually was able to get one.

Just like the PS5 supply will eventually catch up with demand and the opportunity will be over.

Last autumn my MG5 at nearly a year old was worth more than I paid for it. Though I did get the quite decent NHS discount and the govt grant.

Last autumn my MG5 at nearly a year old was worth more than I paid for it. Though I did get the quite decent NHS discount and the govt grant.
You’re not alone there. Most who purchased with a reasonable deal at that time found that they had lost very little. This was a very exceptional market.

Cyber Truck is definitely a marmite vehicle, some weeks I really like it others I give my head a wobble and ask myself what I was thinking.

Now I think I'm more tempted by the Canoo pickup although I really hope they make it modular so you can swap body types

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 21.30.21.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 21.30.21.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
Yea some hate it.

I absolutely love it if all that Elon promises comes true.

He really said it’s amphibious for short river crossings and such, this is incredibly useful and interesting.

The fact that it’s bulletproof means it’s so strong if you are in a crash you will come off better than the other vehicles

It’s also going to have really advanced self drive mode

Yea some hate it.

He really said it’s amphibious for short river crossings and such, this is incredibly useful and interesting.

The fact that it’s bulletproof means it’s so strong if you are in a crash you will come off better than the other vehicles

Its being bullet proof isn't going to help you in a crash and if you bought a cubertruck tomorrow it would rust away before you'd be allowed to use any self drive feature.

Yea some hate it.

I have thought about getting one but the truth is it is far too big to be practical where I live.
Incredibly useful only if you need to do a river crossing regularly (eg to get to work). Otherwise it is an interesting feature that many will never use.
Crash safety is mainly about deformation and the ability to crumple in order to dissipate energy. The cybertruck incorporates these elements (as does every vehicle). If you have a rigid vehicle it can make the effects of a crash worse through rapid deceleration. You are right that sheer size and mass mean that a big vehicle does better than a small one.
Probably. Been waiting a long time for this and I am still not convinced it will drive me around the Devon lanes and know how to negotiate backing up to passing places, besides being too big to fit down them!

I think the Cybertruck is an interesting product but largely irrelevant in Europe, which it isn't designed for. It will no doubt sell well elsewhere.

It’s doesn’t rust
Its being bullet proof isn't going to help you in a crash and if you bought a cubertruck tomorrow it would rust away before you'd be allowed to use any self drive feature.
This steel does not rust

It’s the same steel Elon uses on his rockets

Some say in about ten years you will be able to have proper self drive, just go to sleep and when you wake up the car has taken you there

Cybertruck is said to be leading the way here

I think he is referring to how long we've been waiting for self-driving. Stainless steel does eventually degrade.
Normal stainless lasts a hell of a long time

But this bullet proof special steel he uses in his rockets I just don’t know how long it last I suspect a lifetime

Some say in about ten years you will be able to have proper self drive, just go to sleep and when you wake up the car has taken you there

Cybertruck is said to be leading the way here
Ten years! It might be ready about the same time as the the UK spec truck then.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom