Voice control - anyone else?

Jonknee

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Much prefer to use the voice control rather than the touch screen.
However, I’ve found it a bit limited. Anyone else have the below issues on R40?
Does R46 or anything more recent fix them?

Climate
Can turn climate on and off and set a temperature, plus increase and decrease the fan speed (by 1 only) or set to maximum and minimum instantly.
However cannot turn the AUTO function on and off nor the A/C compressor.
Incidentally, changing the temp always turns the compressor on.

Wish I could turn the heated seats and steering wheel off by voice too.

Media
Although the voice assistant seems to recognise a command to change the source, it doesn’t.
If I start the car with USB music selected, it will play radio when asked and switch back to usb when play music is commanded.
If I start the car with the radio selected, it will not do this and ignores play music.

As others have said, great car to drive just let down by poor software implementation.

Much prefer to use the voice control rather than the touch screen.
However, I’ve found it a bit limited. Anyone else have the below issues on R40?
Does R46 or anything more recent fix them?

Climate
Can turn climate on and off and set a temperature, plus increase and decrease the fan speed (by 1 only) or set to maximum and minimum instantly.
However cannot turn the AUTO function on and off nor the A/C compressor.
Incidentally, changing the temp always turns the compressor on.

Wish I could turn the heated seats and steering wheel off by voice too.

Media
Although the voice assistant seems to recognise a command to change the source, it doesn’t.
If I start the car with USB music selected, it will play radio when asked and switch back to usb when play music is commanded.
If I start the car with the radio selected, it will not do this and ignores play music.

As others have said, great car to drive just let down by poor software implementation.
I have R46 update & was thinking about this yesterday! I have never used voice control as Ive forgotten what to say to start it 🤪

I have R46 update & was thinking about this yesterday! I have never used voice control as Ive forgotten what to say to start it 🤪
Say "Hello MG" to start it or press the top left button on the steering wheel that looks like a head speaking.

I would value a full UK list of recognised commands. Anyone have a link to one?
I have found an Aussie list, but I am sure there will be differences.

Say "Hello MG" to start it or press the top left button on the steering wheel that looks like a head speaking.
I usually say, "hey MG" but it recognises certain words without a wake word, like "call" and "AC on"

Quite a few of those commands do not work.
Poor of MG not to publish a current working list or to have all the commands available listed via the screen in the car.
A working, reliable voice command system would offset the awkwardness of a touchscreen.

Quite a few of those commands do not work.
Poor of MG not to publish a current working list or to have all the commands available listed via the screen in the car.
A working, reliable voice command system would offset the awkwardness of a touchscreen.
Some commands come up on the screen if you say something it doesn't know a couple of times.

I hope you don't mind but I've uploaded that to my website. (Same location as the previous link I posted). :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back