Ted the dog

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
B5CC242B-3785-45F3-8586-62D4CC5C0AF1.jpeg
8D58A8A7-016A-485E-A3BA-99A7A047EBBB.jpeg
Hello. Hopefully a quick query….
When I turn the car on, straight after the ready status, the screen changes to either of the two pictures. I then have to click ok
I don’t know what the pictures mean or what I’m clicking ok too?!?.
I’ve had a read through the manual but can’t see anything that relates.
Not sure why one has 3 red lines and the other has two.
Any help would be appreciated

Is that the seat belt thingymabobby?

Try fastening the belts to see if they go off.

My mg5 shows 3 seatbelt signs even if no one is sat in the seat.

If I understand your question correctly, these images are displaying which seats are being occupied in the car, when the the seat belts are fastened the seat belt warning sign will go out after a couple of minutes of driving.
You don’t need to press the “Okay” button, it will disappear on its own when the car detects that all seats belts are fastened.
If you forget to fasten your belts, the car will “Bong” at you.

If I understand your question correctly, these images are displaying which seats are being occupied in the car, when the the seat belts are fastened the seat belt warning sign will go out after a couple of minutes of driving.
You don’t need to press the “Okay” button, it will disappear on its own when the car detects that all seats belts are fastened.
If you forget to fasten your belts, the car will “Bong” at you.
Interesting. These pictures were taken with only me in the car…

504A6BE1-29D9-4BF5-885D-6ED4A8E6BCC7.png
9CA7AA23-BAB2-4C6F-B50D-62C64A438FBE.png
Just popped out to check my car 🚗 and it’s a bit random ?.
Just myself in the car and press the “ Start” button with foot on the brake.
I get the first screen, if I fasten the seat belt and drive away, the image on the dash just disappears and reverts back to the digital speedo.
Power he car down, then fully reboot it.
Then I get the second image on the dash, which is slightly different than the first one ?.
I have to say, I have never really noticed this before ?.
It has never concerned me in the last two years, so I don’t think it will going forward.

I’m getting the same and only just picked the car up from the showroom. Very odd. I’ve just been click ok as I thought it may be any weight on the seats, such a coat and a bag. I put my bag in the foot well and it doesn’t seem to make any difference? Keep us posted.

Putting stuff on the seats can make the car think there is an unbelted passenger in there.

I agree to what has already been said. ..leave the 3 rear seatbelts perminety plugged in ..it shorten the waiting period when you switch on. (I think)

The rear seats don't have weight sensors like the front ones, so they presume someone in the seats for the first two minutes of driving and then the go dark if no seat belt is plugged in or go dark if seat belt is in stright away.

Last edited:
It's really just a reminder to make sure everyone who needs seat belts should put them on. Ignoring it does nothing to the car or how it works. Pressing OK will clear it quickly, but ultimately, it's just a friendly reminder.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom