Anyone tried ZapMap Premium to get Apple CarPlay?

Neil Fellows

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Trying to load ZapMap in my car today for the first time and noticed it refuses to load. I've read up on it and understand you require a Premium subscription to use it via Apple CarPlay. Has anyone tried it, and if so, do you think its worth it?

I paid for one month‘s subscription when we went away last month. To be honest I didnt think that it was worth it. I had planned my journey using the standard Zap Map and used the in car sat nav to get to charging points.

I was going to use the app via Car Play but it did not work out that way.

Yes, at first I was sceptical. I did a weeks trial of the plus. Couldn’t believe it didn’t cover CarPlay. I moaned at them and stopped using it.

I then tried a months Premium which is the subscription with CarPlay.

I do 600 or so miles a week and having the live charger status on the display is for me as I approach towns is invaluable. It’s saved me a lot of time already so I’ve taken the view that it’s £45 well spent.

We will see if the promised increases in features (whatever they might be) is worth Year 2. But software and data linking to 3rd parties is expensive to support and develop so the price seems reasonable.

Yes, at first I was sceptical. I did a weeks trial of the plus. Couldn’t believe it didn’t cover CarPlay. I moaned at them and stopped using it.

I then tried a months Premium which is the subscription with CarPlay.

I do 600 or so miles a week and having the live charger status on the display is for me as I approach towns is invaluable. It’s saved me a lot of time already so I’ve taken the view that it’s £45 well spent.

We will see if the promised increases in features (whatever they might be) is worth Year 2. But software and data linking to 3rd parties is expensive to support and develop so the price seems reasonable.
Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated. I have a weeks holiday coming up soon so I think I'll give the premium sub trial a go then to see what its like!

I'm surprised too that CarPlay isn't included in the plus sub.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom