Anyone used A Better Route Planner Premium?

Cocijo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I notice ABRP is now showing in Apple carplay but when you click on it it suggests that you need premium to use. Anyone use it in Apple carplay? Is it any good?

Yes. They are my initial thoughts too. Shame. I like ABRP

Never heard of ABRP until this thread. Ah it's an an alternative to Zap-map.
Yes it ‘a better route planner’ but it covers Europe as well and let’s you also add other factors in to the planning, number of passengers, temperatures, wind conditions etc...it’s quite complicated really.

It’s not bad. Can input quite a few parameters. Calculate waypoints round trips etc. not sure about their latest business model pricing though.

I notice ABRP is now showing in Apple carplay but when you click on it it suggests that you need premium to use. Anyone use it in Apple carplay? Is it any good?
I’ll try it tomorrow to see if the same happens to me, does it run normal on the phone?

I'd like navigation especially for EV's, choosing the best route for range.
ABRP sort of does this - but it looks like you need to pay of you want it on carplay or android

I’ve got a 30 day trial to give it a go (it’s not really it’s modus operandi to be plotting routes around your town 😂) I think for me it would a case of maybe dipping in if I was going on a 200-300 mile trip in the UK or overseas, but for anything within the range of the car it doesn’t really offer you anything. It’s the closest thing to how Tesla’s routing via super chargers works for non Tesla folks. The free web version is really good for fantasy road trip planning for a time in the future when we can get back overseas.

It’s also worth mentioning WattsUp is also now available for Carplay and PlugShare should be coming imminently, they had a release that they pulled at the start of the year to do more bug testing.

I’ve used ABRP and I like the functionality it gives. It actually provides some functions that you can’t do in Tesla - like waypoints and round trips for example. It’s disappointing that you have to pay to use on carplay. It will be interesting to see how your trial goes - although as you say it’s not exactly the right time for planning long journeys. 🙃🙂🙃

Embarrisingly, when I asked on here about route planners, someone said "use a better route planner". I thought it was sarcasm directed at me, when it turned out it wasn't! :rolleyes:

Edit: WattsUp looks promising but the iOS reviews aren't great yet - thanks for positng about it. Might stick it on my phone so it's there if I ever need it.

Edit 2: is ZapMap CarPlay compatible yet? I read ages ago they were working on this.

ABRP now offers for free the ability to add amenities into your journey near to charging stops. This includes restaurants, hotels etc. It's a bit crude at the moment in my experience. On a recent fantasy trip I looked at it suggested a dessert shop as a restaurant.

I travel to Saumur (Loire Valley) in France often (Pre Covid) for our holidays, its only 5hrs drive from Calais easily done in an ICE car. (travel tip: Stay the night before at a B&B around Caiais for around £40 for an early start) Also we drive to Tuscany so once a year and a bit nervous about EV charging. Been looking at EV maps and these two seem best at the moment: Chargemap - charging stations for electric cars and PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You also I think Zap Map France covers both countries.
There is a video on here that shows the installed satnav showing charge points but not sure if that will work in Europe and the dealer doesn't know either.

Maybe still keep one ICE on the drive?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom