APART from Zapmap....

Biccys

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
What apps does everyone consider essential to have installed? I've obviously got this forum app, Podpoint, Genie point, BP Pulse, Instavolt and Plugshare. I'm hoping to trim that lot down cos I really hope that these independent charging companies will get their s**t in a sock and HAVE CONTACTLESS PAYMENT ASAP!

Not essential but I do like the WattsUp app for finding chargers. Put in a route and and it graphically shows you all the chargers en-route or near route. Go into overview and it lists them by mileage from your start point, so you can work out roughly where you want to stop as opposed to other apps that recommend where you should stop.

Electric Juice card from octopus it covers a number of charge networks.
Instavolt as they don't have many issues

Is there any additional cost or benefit with Electric Juice, or is it just convenience?

Is there any additional cost or benefit with Electric Juice, or is it just convenience?
Convenience. Applied to your home electricity bill if with Octopus. No pre authorisation payment. Can be used in Europe.

You can never have enough EV apps on your phone, if it has the memory capacity. ;)
Just load em up and try em out, if they don't suit your needs then uninstall them.

What apps does everyone consider essential to have installed? I've obviously got this forum app, Podpoint, Genie point, BP Pulse, Instavolt and Plugshare. I'm hoping to trim that lot down cos I really hope that these independent charging companies will get their s**t in a sock and HAVE CONTACTLESS PAYMENT ASAP!

Contactless is required on all new rapid chargers so it's coming (if a bit slowly)
If you happen to have a tomtom satnav they do a very good poi for charge stations.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom