App Binding

paulcollard64

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi all,
So I have a 24 plate MG4 LR which is great. What’s not so great is that the MG ISMART app has stopped working correctly and is insisting that I bind the app to the car. It’s communicating with the car but I can’t get beyond the Bind screen on the app. Also there’s suddenly no data on the mapping system which is asking me to grant permission for the data to be loaded?
Grateful for any suggestions. Will be speaking to the dealer on Monday. Thanks. Paul

Attachments

• IMG_9102.jpeg
    IMG_9102.jpeg
    392.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9173.jpeg
    IMG_9173.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 47
If you have previously been able to use the iSmart app then you don't need to re-bind to the car just use your original log-in details. 9 times out of 10 it's MG's servers that are causing the problem you just need to be patient.

Also looking at the screenshot it looks like you have the old version of the app. Try updating it via the play store. The latest version is V2.0.2

To accept permissions for the mapping data swipe left on the main screen, select settings, scroll down on the menu on the right of the screen to privacy policy, scroll down on the next screen and tap agree and also switch on the various permissions below that.

Last edited:
Hi Ian
Thanks for the prompt response.
I’m on version 2.0.4 via Apple Store so should be ok there. Will persevere with trying to log on it should be only one of two log ins.

I’ll try the map issue later and let you know

Thanks again

If you have previously been able to use the iSmart app then you don't need to re-bind to the car just use your original log-in details. 9 times out of 10 it's MG's servers that are causing the problem you just need to be patient.

Also looking at the screenshot it looks like you have the old version of the app. Try updating it via the play store. The latest version is V2.0.2

To accept permissions for the mapping data swipe left on the main screen, select settings, scroll down on the menu on the right of the screen to privacy policy, scroll down on the next screen and tap agree and also switch on the various permissions below that.
Hi again
Success on the map front thank you.
I also discovered that the app doesn’t support special characters on a password so having dropped that the app is now communicating with the car 👍
Just hoping now that the MG servers update and allow the app to show full functionality rather than just the bind page.
2 out of 3 ain’t bad thus far!

Hi again
Success on the map front thank you.
I also discovered that the app doesn’t support special characters on a password so having dropped that the app is now communicating with the car 👍
Just hoping now that the MG servers update and allow the app to show full functionality rather than just the bind page.
2 out of 3 ain’t bad thus far!
Did it update for you Paul? I'm having the same issue and getting so frustrated.

Hi all,
So I have a 24 plate MG4 LR which is great. What’s not so great is that the MG ISMART app has stopped working correctly and is insisting that I bind the app to the car. It’s communicating with the car but I can’t get beyond the Bind screen on the app. Also there’s suddenly no data on the mapping system which is asking me to grant permission for the data to be loaded?
Grateful for any suggestions. Will be speaking to the dealer on Monday. Thanks. Paul
Same here. I was logged in, now cannot get past BIND. Keep scanning te QR, but nothing happens. Another frustration......

Hi all,
The latest software update R59 was released in the UK 2 weeks ago. All my problems seem to have gone with the update.

Ooh, nice. My Trophy LR is going g into dealer for a few niggles. Hopefully this update will cure everything.
Is there any details on the update content??

Hi all,
My experience of the ismart app on my MG5 trophy is:
It works ok for 2 months,
Then I get 'token expired' message,
After logging into the app the app wants to bind with the car but the car says it's already bound.
I get MG to unbind the car,
I can then get past the qr step but when I enter my 4 digit code I get the message 'service not available, try later'.
I've been retrying for 4 days so far without success!

My experience of the ismart app on my MG5 trophy is:
It works ok for 2 months,
Then I get 'token expired message,
After logging into the app the app wants to bind with the car but the car says it's already bound.
I get MG to unbind the car,
I can then get past the qr step but when I enter my 4 digit code I get the message 'service not available, try later'.
I've been retrying for 4 days so far without success!
👍 fingers crossed. I’m still no closer to a solution still on the bind page. 😳

If you have previously been able to use the iSmart app you do not need to rebind to the car or nine times out of ten contact MG.

If the token has run out, or you've changed your phone, or the app asks you to bind to the car all you need to do is use the same phone number or email address that you first used and the same password.

If you can log in to the app but can't access the battery % or control the HVAC etc. it's a problem with MG's servers and nothing to do with you, the car or the app. You just have to be patient and try again later.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back