Apple CarPlay connections issues

DanBoro

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I’ve just received my new MG ZS EV (facelift) and I just want to know has anyone else been experiencing issues with CarPlay poor connection?, let me explain.

I have a brand new apple USB-A lightning charging lead and there’s no dust or debris in the charging port of the phone (iPhone 13 pro max) but whenever I start the car and connect my phone Apple CarPlay with connect and then disconnect and it can be hit and miss sometimes it will connect straight away and sometimes it will take me disconnecting the phone a good 5-6 times before it will recognise that it’s connected ?.

I just want to know have other people been experiencing this and if so have they found a work around ?

No issues here on our hire car delivered July and we have used it almost every day.
The only problem came when the infotainment locked up on a crucial navigation point :( quick reset and all was well again.
Best of luck resolving it - we allowed CarPlay when locked, maybe it’s going to sleep/locking?

I’ve just received my new MG ZS EV (facelift) and I just want to know has anyone else been experiencing issues with CarPlay poor connection?
I was getting this with Android Auto (I have an Android phone). Bit hit and miss for me too.
I have now got a Carlink 2022 Android box plugged in and out of the way and it is brilliant - stable connection all the time. When I say Android box, the OS is Android but it actually connects to the car via Carplay. I know it doesn't sound plausible but here is the link to the unit.

No issues here on our hire car delivered July and we have used it almost every day.
The only problem came when the infotainment locked up on a crucial navigation point :( quick reset and all was well again.
Best of luck resolving it - we allowed CarPlay when locked, maybe it’s going to sleep/locking?
Yeah I’ve double checked and allow CarPlay when locked is turned on

I assume you've tried removing the car from the iPhone and rebooting?

Yeah just tried removing phone from Bluetooth on car (forgetting device on both phone and car) & still not working, I’ve tried my wife’s iPhone lead and that does the same thing, I’m currently running iOS 15.6 so don’t know if it’s a software thing ?

I’ve just received my new MG ZS EV (facelift) and I just want to know has anyone else been experiencing issues with CarPlay poor connection?, let me explain.

I have a brand new apple USB-A lightning charging lead and there’s no dust or debris in the charging port of the phone (iPhone 13 pro max) but whenever I start the car and connect my phone Apple CarPlay with connect and then disconnect and it can be hit and miss sometimes it will connect straight away and sometimes it will take me disconnecting the phone a good 5-6 times before it will recognise that it’s connected ?.

I just want to know have other people been experiencing this and if so have they found a work around ?
I know the cable is a new one but to trouble shoot I would try a different cable. Also if possible try a different phone. This will help confirm where the issue is as it could be car, cable or phone.

fixed the issue, went down to my local Stormfront to buy another genuine cable, plugged it in and worked straight away, don’t have a clue what is wrong with the other cable and it’s also genuine and about 2 months old 🤷🏻‍♂️
Apple official cables are surprisingly low quality for the price you pay.

Ill be honest, I tend to buy Anker cables now, the braided ones last alot longer than apple ones, and are MFI certified so, in Apples eyes, they are as good as genuine.

Anker iPhone Charger Cable, 3.3 ft Lightning Cable, 331 Cable, Premium Nylon USB-A to Lightning Cable, MFi Certified iPhone Charger Cable for iPhone SE/Xs/XS Max/XR/X/8 Plus/7/6 Plus, iPad, and More : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I have the same issue on our face-lift MG ZS EV. It's just been a little over a month and it takes several tries to connect the phone. I have afew spare cables, I'll try different ones and see if it works in the morning. I'm also using the original apple cable.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom