Apple CarPlay freeze

Joehabib

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I have this issue with Apple CarPlay, it freezes the multimedia system when I receive or make a call.
All the multimedia keys stop responding, I can’t go to the AC controls, nor the system/car setting nothing.. you can only go through the Apple car play system itself, when the call is finished everything goes back to normal.

I tried 2 different iPhones (x and 12 pro max) both updated to 14.5. Tried 2 different genuine cables.

anyone have this problem or have a solution ?!

Hi Joehabib I know this answer is no help at all , but I have an android phone and Android auto works well
Yes, I checked with my friend’s android and it’s perfect… I’m looking for more iPhone users to give me a feedback

On my ZS, Apple Carplay drops out for me. It just randomly disconnects and as I'm driving I don't usually notice. Tried all the usual workarounds, including different types of cable but can't sort it so I usually use Bluetooth as it's more reliable for me. It's never frozen anything though.

I'm finding android auto is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it connects immediately and other times it won't connect at all. I've looked online and it seems to be a known issue for phones running android 10.

On my ZS, Apple Carplay drops out for me. It just randomly disconnects and as I'm driving I don't usually notice. Tried all the usual workarounds, including different types of cable but can't sort it so I usually use Bluetooth as it's more reliable for me. It's never frozen anything though.
I find the same issue, it just drops out, sometimes it comes back if you leave it alone for a few minutes, given up trying to figure it out, don’t know if it is an Apple issue or the MG system

I find the same issue, it just drops out, sometimes it comes back if you leave it alone for a few minutes, given up trying to figure it out, don’t know if it is an Apple issue or the MG system
For me, I think it's the phone. I use an old iPhone 6.

I have this issue with Apple CarPlay, it freezes the multimedia system when I receive or make a call.
All the multimedia keys stop responding, I can’t go to the AC controls, nor the system/car setting nothing.. you can only go through the Apple car play system itself, when the call is finished everything goes back to normal.

I tried 2 different iPhones (x and 12 pro max) both updated to 14.5. Tried 2 different genuine cables.

anyone have this problem or have a solution ?!
Please could you tell me step by step how can I connect my Iphone 12 Pro Max with my car ? My car is MG ZS EV 2020. Thanks Andre Grasso

Please could you tell me step by step how can I connect my Iphone 12 Pro Max with my car ? My car is MG ZS EV 2020. Thanks Andre Grasso
carplay should connect automaticly - plug and play.
just use a genuine iPhone cable and it should work

• Turn on Apple Carplay on your phone - if it's anything like the iOS version I'm using, just search for it under settings. On my version of iOS I can choose USB only or USB/wifi. Obviously for the MG (ZS EV) select USB only.
  • Start your car, plug the phone in and as @Joehabib says, the car should pick up your phone automatically and the car's screen will change to the Carplay screen.

Hope that helps!

The cable supplied with my iPhone will not fit in the USB socket.
If you've got an iPhone 12 Apple decided to no longer supply these phones with chargers. Also, they decided to move the goal posts again and supply a USB-C to Lightning cable which is not compatible with the chargers they have been using since 2007.

You used to get a standard USB-A to Lightning cable (which would work in the car, and all other USB chargers known to human kind). You'll need to pay a bit more of the Apple tax and purchase a USB-A to Lightning cable for it to work.

Direct from Apple for the princely sum of $29

Interestingly they charge the same price for the 0.5m and 1m cables.... but if you want a 2m cable they're after 45 of your hard earned dollars!

Or you could try Amazon/eBay and get something for less than half the price. Just check the reviews to see if it will work OK with Apple Carplay as not all cables are born equal.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom