Are running boards available?

DD22

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi all,

I've just ordered a HS PHEV and it should be here in a couple months (fingers crossed). I've seen running boards for the GS but non for the HS. I'm in the UK, any idea if I can get some fitted?

Hi
not a MG part but the way the doors are i would think it is pointless doing as the board would be too low making the ground clearance low too.

Thanks for your reply but the wife has her heart set on them as we had a RR sport before and she fell in love with them 😂😂

The car is, even for an average hight person, quite a wide reach to get your foot on the ground, and with the cushion bolsters on the sport seats even more so. Unless you intend to use the runner board as a step I would suggest getting in and out is going to be laddered stockings and dirty trousers. I would also check if the after market runner boards were more than cosmetic and too flimsy to stand on.

Ahhh good point. Thanks for your help.
I've looked at aftermarket ones but there doesn't seem to be any only for the GS which the HS has now replaced I believe.
Thanks though.

There are about 20 people on the Facebook group interested in side steps for the HS. A company calls Direct 4x4 in Derby is interested in producing some for the HS. I have volunteered to offer my car as a donor for them to measure up and this is happening on Wednesday. So soon there might be some available.

There are about 20 people on the Facebook group interested in side steps for the HS. A company calls Direct 4x4 in Derby is interested in producing some for the HS. I have volunteered to offer my car as a donor for them to measure up and this is happening on Wednesday. So soon there might be some available.

Thanks for reply. I actually contacted them a while ago and they mentioned the same thing to me 🤣. Small world lol. Thanks for helping them out also. Tell them they can give me your discount if you don't want the running boards lol 😆 😂

Thanks for reply. I actually contacted them a while ago and they mentioned the same thing to me 🤣. Small world lol. Thanks for helping them out also. Tell them they can give me your discount if you don't want the running boards lol 😆 😂

I don’t live that far from Derby and no one was really close enough or willing to offer their car as donor so I thought I will help out as I have read a number of people were asking for side steps in the UK and none being available. Unfortunately my discount has been passed on to someone in Ireland who also initially made contact with Direct 4x4.

Hi. I pick up my MG HS next week and also looking for side bars/steps. How did you get on.

Quick search in China (literally 2 mins) finds these which you can buy a single set which would also help with the ground clearance somewhat. A detailed search should find Phev compatible. If you could persuade your dealer to fit they may not ruin the 7 year warranty? I would love some but need the 7 year warranty more.

Ahhh good point. Thanks for your help.
I've looked at aftermarket ones but there doesn't seem to be any only for the GS which the HS has now replaced I believe.
Thanks though.
You need to search for side steps and use popular Asian shopping services like Shoppee or Lazarda (their Amazon)

There are plenty of 3rd party goodies etc including side steps there for 4000thbt around £90

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom