Are the Essence headlamps compatible with the Excite?

imatlock

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi,

First time and first post. I'm buying a HS PLUS EV Excite as there's no stock of the Essence available in Australia. Halogen bulbs are not good enough for the area where I live and I've upgraded my other cars by just replacing the bulbs with LEDs. I would rather not do this on a new vehicle and risk affecting the warranty. So, can I buy the LED headlights (the whole unit) from a Essence and fit them to an Excite?
The fittings all look the same, but will it work?

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

Iain

Hi Iain, I bought these as recommended on the forum;

Will let you know how they go.
Thanks dal0037, I look forward to reading your experience. I might try and find out what bulb they use in the Essence as it must be a consumable that’ll need replacing at some point. I was hoping to buy the whole headlight but was told by the sales team that it’s not compatible, I have my doubts.

I’m fairly sure that suspension height sensors are required for LED lights similarly to xenon’s. that may be why they say they’re not compatible.

They’re very good lights and money well spent. The aim is perfect. Very bright.
That's with the Philips Ultinon Pro9000's? So you can confirm they work well and worth replacing the halogen bulbs? I pickup my new HS+EV Friday so would be good to have bulbs by then.
Thanks

Correct yes, the 9000’s. worth the spend.
Perfect, thanks.
Okay, so I'm 1 step away from the purchase. I see the lifespan is 5000 hours and the AuxBeam is 50,000 hours and cheaper. But I like the thought of an established brand like Philips. I'll update how I go when I've purchased and installed. Thanks again.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom