Are there difference in ZS Exclusive versions UK

AdamMGEV

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hello,

I've owned an MG5, currently own an MG4 and now thinking of buying a cheap ZS as a second local runaround car to compliment the MG4.

Question I have is... are all 2019 - 2022 was it when the new version called Trophy the same. So if I bought a 2019 or a 2021 version are they identical in spec?

Thanks

Yes, unless you find the rare Trophy Connect that comes with Amazon Music and some internet enabled extras embedded.

The only differences you may see is in the software versions, comfort 2, BMS, infotainment system etc.

The only differences you may see is in the software versions, comfort 2, BMS, infotainment system etc.
Pretty sure the lower spec model only had cloth covered seats, compared to the faux leather.

Hi @AdamMGEV.
The first MG ZS EV available to the public, started arriving around late 2019.
This are commonly know as the original or Gen 1 versions of the ZS EV.
It came in two model spec options at the time, either the standard spec which was the known as the "Excite" model ( cloth seats no sky roof etc etc ).
Then there was top spec, more expensive "Exclusive" model, which had a long list of added features / extras over the base Excite model.
Both models came with the same 44 Kwh battery, so range was pretty close the same on both.
Personally, I would favour the "Exclusive" model myself if you are looking out for the original Gen 1 model.
If you like a full pano electric sun roof, then this is the correct model to go for.
Worth noting here, that the new face lift model ( Gen 2 ) in the top spec model ( Trophy ) is NOT available with sun roof on new orders anymore, MG have removed this feature altogether now !.
When MG released the ( Gen 2 ) face lift model, late 2021 I think it was, they dropped the name Excite & Exclusive, and went in favour of different names.
The new ( Gen 2 ) base spec was named as the SE ( Standard ) model, and then two higher spec Trophy models, standard model Trophy and then the Trophy Connect version, with it's added feature for an additional £500 over the price of the Std Trophy model.
Two different battery sizes where also available on the face lift version, depending on the model you went for etc etc.
Not worth going into a lot of detail here Adam, as it appears that your interest is at the earlier / original Gen 1 model here, if I read your post correctly.
You speak about a year range of "2019 - 2022" time line in your post.
This date can just about span both Gen 1 & Gen 2 models.
I think going by your question though, you will be looking at the Gen 1 model, which will be either a Excite or the higher spec Exclusive model, which I have tried to cover briefly above.
Remember, no App availability on the original ZS EV Gen 1 of course.

I hope this helps in some way ?.

Hi @AdamMGEV.
The first MG ZS EV available to the public, started arriving around late 2019.
This are commonly know as the original or Gen 1 versions of the ZS EV.
It came in two model spec options at the time, either the standard spec which was the known as the "Excite" model ( cloth seats no sky roof etc etc ).
Then there was top spec, more expensive "Exclusive" model, which had a long list of added features / extras over the base Excite model.
Both models came with the same 44 Kwh battery, so range was pretty close the same on both.
Personally, I would favour the "Exclusive" model myself if you are looking out for the original Gen 1 model.
If you like a full pano electric sun roof, then this is the correct model to go for.
Worth noting here, that the new face lift model ( Gen 2 ) in the top spec model ( Trophy ) is NOT available with sun roof on new orders anymore, MG have removed this feature altogether now !.
When MG released the ( Gen 2 ) face lift model, late 2021 I think it was, they dropped the name Excite & Exclusive, and went in favour of different names.
The new ( Gen 2 ) base spec was named as the SE ( Standard ) model, and then two higher spec Trophy models, standard model Trophy and then the Trophy Connect version, with it's added feature for an additional £500 over the price of the Std Trophy model.
Two different battery sizes where also available on the face lift version, depending on the model you went for etc etc.
Not worth going into a lot of detail here Adam, as it appears that your interest is at the earlier / original Gen 1 model here, if I read your post correctly.
You speak about a year range of "2019 - 2022" time line in your post.
This date can just about span both Gen 1 & Gen 2 models.
I think going by your question though, you will be looking at the Gen 1 model, which will be either a Excite or the higher spec Exclusive model, which I have tried to cover briefly above.
Remember, no App availability on the original ZS EV Gen 1 of course.

I hope this helps in some way ?.
Perfection!

Thanks very much. I guess I knew most of it already and it was more around gen 1 any difference in the years. I'd prefer the facelift version but it's obviously nearly twice the price. For a second car to our MG4 170 mile range exclusive gen 1 will do our needs

Perfection!

Thanks very much. I guess I knew most of it already and it was more around gen 1 any difference in the years. I'd prefer the facelift version but it's obviously nearly twice the price. For a second car to our MG4 170 mile range exclusive gen 1 will do our needs
Your very welcome.
Yeah - The ZS EV face lift model IS an improved car for sure, but the price IS going to be a bit spiteful your totally correct.
Even the standard SE facelift model, has an increased range of about 40 ish miles, over the original ZS EV ( Gen 1 ) versions.
Trophy long range models, with it's larger pack, is going to be a LOT more expensive of course.
We had our ZS EV ( Gen 1 ) for over two years and almost 20,000 miles and it did us proud.
If the real world range of the Gen 1 ZS EV suits your user case, then I think it will be great.
The ride could be viewed by some as a little on the soft side, but honestly unless you intend to drive it like a full on "boy racer" then it's a really comfortable ride.
I have never had a test drive in the MG4 but as it rides fairly close to the ground ( in comparison to the ZS EV of course ) then can I say, you may just favour that softer ride feeling you get from the ZS EV for certain trips.
You may find it becomes a hard decision, choosing which car to take, as they are so different.
Some people really like the higher ride height of the ZS over the lower ride height of the MG4 and there will be more of a feeling of space and light in the cabin on the ZS also.
Especially if you decide to go for the Gen 1 Exclusive model with the sky roof - Yeah, do that !.
Range will always come out top's on the MG4 of course, due to its larger pack.
The interior on the MG4 is dark and would benefit massively from a lighter interior, thats for sure.
Good luck on your hunt for a nice ZS EV !.

Oh no were keeping the MG4, The MG4 for me is better in most ways, the ZS is jist a small local runaround. I absolutely love the MG4 ride. My wife likes the ZS for the higher ride but also loves the MG4. For me the ZS is a bad ride compared to the 5 and 4 but it's a nice looking cheap ZS that does a fine job at the price.

As in small distance runaround. ZS larger boot but apart from that I think internally the 4 is larger for passengers because of its EV platform.
Could be a tough measure 😁

From a quick goggle on ev-database.org -

ZS minus 11litre volume (cargo)
ZS plus 27kgs max payload
ZS plus can put roof rack on

So far no-one has ever said it's cramped or anything similar, I think there's stacks of room in the ZS for passengers, unless you have complex requirements.

ISTR reading that the 4 is slightly wider (and maybe longer ?) than the ZS but obviously not as tall.

Could be a tough measure 😁

From a quick goggle on ev-database.org -

ZS minus 11litre volume (cargo)
ZS plus 27kgs max payload
ZS plus can put roof rack on

So far no-one has ever said it's cramped or anything similar, I think there's stacks of room in the ZS for passengers, unless you have complex requirements.
Do two young kids count as complex requirements?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom