MG4 Audio on sat nav

gasman

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I’ve only had my mg4 for a few days but loving it. I have used sat nav which works well but I don’t get any audio while in use. I can’t find a volume control , only a mute. If this is normal I can put up with it but like to be warned of upcoming events.

There’s definitely volume controls for the sat nav. Try the settings page and then it’s under “volume” iirc. Swipe to side from Home Screen to get to the settings icon.

You can also try dragging down from the top right. It brings an android style control plane over the screen to adjust different types of volume as well as toggles for WiFi, traction control etc
Thanks very much. The volume was at it lowest so I raised it and now perfect. I’ve a trip planed to Harrogate on Thursday so this will help.

You can also try dragging down from the top right. It brings an android style control plane over the screen to adjust different types of volume as well as toggles for WiFi, traction control etc
Thank you!! I now have less deafening sat nav. Some controls are SO WELL hidden!

No audio on Waze sat nav (Android auto) since my MG4 SESR went in last week for the lock in update (RC008 - body computer) and also had updates applied to the touch screen to remove "Pre-production hardware" message, front view camera module to tame down the lane assist and a battery management update to allow the energy consumption screen to work, (Pi chart did not show any information previously).

All updates appear to be doing what they should but the no audio from android auto is annoying.

The radio volume drops when an announcement is made but nothing is heard.
Audio from music files play OK.

The technician tried his Android phone with the same result as mine.

Anyone had similar problem?

I reported this to my (very helpful) dealer who has booked it in next week for a code read which apparently is then sent to MG for comment and hopefully a fix.

Open Google Maps, click on your profile pic, click on Settings, click on Navigation settings. Try turning off Play voice over Bluetooth, and also set Guidance volume to Louder.

(I assume Waze will have similar settings).

Open Google Maps, click on your profile pic, click on Settings, click on Navigation settings. Try turning off Play voice over Bluetooth, and also set Guidance volume to Louder.

(I assume Waze will have similar settings).
I don't think that's a good fix as it just used the phones speaker for voice guidance when I tried it. Be great if it did do the job but sadly I suspect not ;)

Jef's problem was discussed in the following thread

I think it may have been in that very thread where the advice I've posted above was first posted. (I've not invented that advice) :)

Not suggesting you have and it is indeed out there on the internet not specifically for the MG4 and to resolver other problems. As I suffer the AA voice guidance over DAB issue I leapt at it as a possible fix but when I tried it all I had was the radio slightly muted and the phone speaking the voice guidance which isn't really the way AA is supposed to work. So disappointed, I discounted it as a solution and went to continue the search - still haven't found an answer.

Thanks for your help people.

After delving into many Google and Waze settings I found a partial solution which is very confusing:

Setting the phone to give directions via its internal speaker, on plugging the phone into the car BT audio was selected and driving directions were back from the car audio system, however it was then not possible to select radio, no amount of dabbing the arrow buttons would select radio, system permanently locked to Bluetooth.

I think my way to go will be a return to the old faithful TomTom. I will take the car to the dealer for the code read and see what happens after that. Breath will not be held.

TBH I never use the audio guidance anyway - Google maps visual directions are usually pretty good so all it takes is a quick glance at the screen. Which you're probably doing anyway, when the spoken directions are given ;)

Just picked up my Long Range Trophy two days ago.... going really well so far. I used the SatNav for the first time today, and couldn't find any volume controls either,so the OP is not alone!
Took me a while to find the fog lamp, too....

Why is it that folk don't like the built in Sat Nav?? I didn't have any problems with it.....

Depends where you want to go in the country. So far the SatNav has led me to a meeting with a milk tanker in a farmyard and tried to take me along very narrow roads in the Pennines. Yesterday it tried to send me down a private road in the wild county of Nottinghamshire.

I use it but won't always follow it having acquainted myself with the route I wish to go.

Try looking under Settings / Sounds. You can vary the volume of most things there including indicator volume etc..... Also make sure you have accepted all the Privacy Policies 👍

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back