Audio system going into pause mode - FL model

Amun

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Playing music from a USB stick and the audio system goes into pause mode, requiring a press on the play button to continue. It then cuts out again and again at random intervals. I haven't tried restting the screen yet, but was wondering whether anyone else had seen this behaviour?

The same thing happens to me from time to time. When it happens, it also does it to Amazon music, the radio and any other source of music

Mine does that if I have my phone with me, linked to the car on Bluetooth...The head unit stops playing when the phone gets any kind of input... email.. text... WhatsApp... etc.... but if I plug it in.... no issues.

Mine does that if I have my phone with me, linked to the car on Bluetooth...The head unit stops playing when the phone gets any kind of input... email.. text... WhatsApp... etc.... but if I plug it in.... no issues.
Interesting.... I see some testing coming up :)

The same thing happens to me from time to time. When it happens, it also does it to Amazon music, the radio and any other source of music
Good to know that it's not just me...

I did have the same (FL Mar23). It started when playing music from m/phone (via usb cable) & then the same to the raidio? In the end I stopped music via m/phone (via usb); since then behaviour fine, but hasn't totally disappeared. Service due shortly so I'll ask.

This seems spot on - we tested it out today.

My phone is linked to the car by bluetooth but not plugged in as my music is on a USB stick and the car only has one data type port. Whenever my wife sent anything from her phone (text messages, emails) the music paused, requiring it to be restarted from the screen - the mute button on the steering wheel didn't work. Unfortunately, the notifications from our home cameras and door bell also trigger the problem.

Maybe they'll fix this in a future release, but even if not, it's good to know what's causing it :)

I did have the same (FL Mar23). It started when playing music from m/phone (via usb cable) & then the same to the raidio? In the end I stopped music via m/phone (via usb); since then behaviour fine, but hasn't totally disappeared. Service due shortly so I'll ask.
Our car is going in next week for it's first service, so I'll mention it as well.

I used to have this problem, I found that going into the BT settings on my phone and turning off the music setting stopped this happening, I don’t play music in my car from the phone so it wasn’t a problem, obviously would be if you did .

This seems spot on - we tested it out today.

My phone is linked to the car by bluetooth but not plugged in as my music is on a USB stick and the car only has one data type port. Whenever my wife sent anything from her phone (text messages, emails) the music paused, requiring it to be restarted from the screen - the mute button on the steering wheel didn't work. Unfortunately, the notifications from our home cameras and door bell also trigger the problem.

Maybe they'll fix this in a future release, but even if not, it's good to know what's causing it :)

Our car is going in next week for it's first service, so I'll mention it as well.
I have a pre FL excite you can play USB music off a memory stick in right hand port can only use Android auto in left hand port

I used to have this problem, I found that going into the BT settings on my phone and turning off the music setting stopped this happening, I don’t play music in my car from the phone so it wasn’t a problem, obviously would be if you did .
I didn't find that it made a difference, but turning off BT did. So it's a balance - have uninterrupted music or be able to take phone calls.

Yet another variant! Driving with Radio 5 Live on earlier (Wales/Italy). I then, using the steering wheel controls to, change over to Radio 4. The display changed but I was still hearing Radio 5? Upshot was I had no control (a Voyager I conundrum!). Radio finally switched off when I locked the car. And on reopening/start .... all fine. mmh?

Our car went in for it's first service yesterday and they mentioned that they had an update for the entertainment system. When we got it back we tested out the problem with my phone set to music off in bluetooth and the problem didn't happen at all - text and email notifications to my phone didn't stop the music playing. We tested today with the music share ON, and again - no problem, so it looks like the update fixed it.

It also seems to have changed the way that the music works - i.e. it used to default to radio and played as soon as we opened or started the car (can't remember which). As a result I used to have the volume right down so that it could be ignored. Now it seems to remember which device was used last (USB stick, in my case) and also whether it's playing or paused. Result!

So - well done MG :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom