Australia field test

mystreet

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Interesting reading. I personally have no access to home charging and only use public charging. I've done 1200 miles so far and it's cost me nothing - 384KW added for free so far.

I have a free 7KW charger in my village, near my Mom's and also a 22KW charger at the ALDI near my cousin's in Wales. I go to Leeds a handful of times a year to take my niece to and from Uni and there are free 50KW chargers there too.

I park my old ICE car near the local free public charger and then drive it home whilst I charge the MG.

With careful consideration and research it is entirely possible to drive an EV without home charging.

There are quite a few in Yorkshire that have free 50KW chargers until the end of November 2021.

There are quite a few in Yorkshire that have free 50KW chargers until the end of November 2021.
Yep, West Yorkshire. Set ZapMap to search for Engie chargers.

Interesting reading. I personally have no access to home charging and only use public charging. I've done 1200 miles so far and it's cost me nothing - 384KW added for free so far.

I have a free 7KW charger in my village, near my Mom's and also a 22KW charger at the ALDI near my cousin's in Wales. I go to Leeds a handful of times a year to take my niece to and from Uni and there are free 50KW chargers there too.

I park my old ICE car near the local free public charger and then drive it home whilst I charge the MG.

With careful consideration and research it is entirely possible to drive an EV without home charging.
Are both the chargers working in Codsall now?

Where is the free charger at Leeds Uni?
Please refer to post #5 - Set ZapMap to search for ENGIE chargers and you will find lots of free 50kw chargers dotted around Leeds and West Yorkshire. :) The one @SCB86 is referring to is at Burley Road Car Park

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom