Auto AC or Manual?

On my Excite I just use one or two red bars and medium fan. Maybe on full like this morning to clear the frost but don't need it that high for long.

Manual for me. It wastes loads of energy, at least initially, setting it to auto.

Manual settings for me
Fan on 4
Heating on full and heated seats on
I like to be toasty
I work 18:00 to 06:00 so it’s always cold for me when I get in the car
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

First car I have had that when set to Auto it can still steam up a bit, and no I'm not on re circulate. Tend to have to leave on demist 19c fan two bars. I like it cooler. However heated seats on cold mornings a real boon the way they heat quickly and it demists fast without ICE warm up time is really good

Beginning to think my auto is broken, it just stays at full speed fans all the time. Do you find there is much variation in speed?

It seems to force face vents rather than the leg and windscreen ones which I tend to prefer this time of year to help keep the windows misting up.

Could be but the auto fan speed is related to the temp set so try adjusting that? Could be a sensor somewhere though?

Beginning to think my auto is broken, it just stays at full speed fans all the time. Do you find there is much variation in speed?

It seems to force face vents rather than the leg and windscreen ones which I tend to prefer this time of year to help keep the windows misting up.
I have also wondered why in 'auto' setting you cannot select the windscreen/leg direction. It's ok in summer when you want cooling down quickly but seems unsuitable for winter.

Go into the hvac menu on infotainment screen and there is a selection for fan speed, (low, medium, high) for auto cc
hope that helps
☺️

Auto, usually 23oC with air con on. If windscreen mists up, I pop on that button. Heated seats too. I don’t really worry about range. Longest journey tends to be 100 miles return once a fortnight so I tend to use heater and air con as I would on ICE car.
I mostly don't worry about range, but I do worry about wasting energy. Ultimately saving energy will increase the range, but it's more important for me to keep the costs and the net emissions down.

I mostly don't worry about range, but I do worry about wasting energy. Ultimately saving energy will increase the range, but it's more important for me to keep the costs and the net emissions down.
Yeah, totally agree. I rarely drive above 65mph, never above speed limit. But the car is just a tool for me - and comfort for me and family is more important than an extra few miles. So unless a long trip where charge stops needed, I just drive and heat/cool as needed. Cost is secondary consideration.

Does it actually "stay" on full speed or does it slow down once the car is up to temperature though ?
My old Prius used to blast away until the set temperature was reached, obviously the higher the temperature set, the longer the fan stayed on high speed.

That's how the auto function has worked on every car I've driven with such a feature.
It normally seems to stay on the highest speed longer than most people would consider appropriate (though it would reduce eventually) so you end up going back to manual.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom