Auto Dim Full Beam Headlights

ghlewis6

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi all, please can someone let me know how to turn this on, it’s on in the infotainment system but doesn’t work when cars approach?

Have you got headlights on auto. If not just one turn of left stick when on you will see two headlight on the instrument screen and one will have a A in it also check information screen, look it up in the user manua.

1664526691626.png

Try this

Thanks, I missed that from the manual, the problem I got is I have the fog lights on so this is cancelling the auto main beam ! Problem solved thanks 😊

Thanks, I missed that from the manual, the problem I got is I have the fog lights on so this is cancelling the auto main beam ! Problem solved thanks 😊

My auto main beam works well unless it's foggy, then it gets confused and doesn't see other cars well enough which makes you flick the flash switch and turn them off manually.

I think it could do with water drop in the fog so switching them on tell you have fog as should not be use any other time. Will also find if the camera have dew on them or on the windscreen covering the camera will not work.

Main beam in thick fog does not have a good penetration level, it just too bright and tends to make visibility even worse.
Head lamps and fogs lights are better option in thick fog.
I guess this is why the main beam function is disabled when front fogs are in use ?.

Correct! It is wrong to use beam lights when there is fog. They compromise the visibility enanching the fog effect. So it is great that the car disable the "auto main beam" feature when you activate "fog lights".

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom