Auto headlights staying on!

rbpasapera

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have auto lighting system enabled and auto highbeam disabled, and auto headlights have worked fine since owning the car from October. However, recently within a few minutes of starting a journey, they have suddenly switched on in broad daylight and bright sunshine.

Anyone else had this one? Faulty sensor? Thanks.

No, I’ve got my auto high beam turned off, but they still come on at night in a dark country lane; I will ask for this to be looked at on the first service.

I think the sensor for the Auto lights (not high beam) is somewhere on the dash top, you haven't got it covered up with anything have you ?

I think the sensor for the Auto lights (not high beam) is somewhere on the dash top, you haven't got it covered up with anything have you ?
That's the first thing I checked and it's ok, I'm wondering if the bright sunlight is getting the sensor to come on.

I noticed on my Prius the auto lights sometimes come on first thing, even when it's bright and sunny, but they do go off as soon as I drive down the road a bit. Not seen it with the MG on bright sunny days yet though.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom