• Never used it

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

N2STY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
So I tried the auto high beam this morning I was quite surprised its actually quite good I did not realise it puts it on for you in the 1st place my other car you had to put it on then it would auto off back on again bit slow for my liking to switch off but on the MG as long as your going over 30 mph it will switch its self on and it's qwick to switch off for on coming traffic or if it sees tail lights I think it's one feature I will keep activated
On a side note the high beam is real good better then my jeeps hids

I like it although I have noticed that it is sometimes a little late giving other drivers a bit of glare and a reason to complain bitterly.

I love it, it has been on since got my ZS June 1st and has worked like a dream and never once has any oncoming drivers flashed me to say turn high beam off. Also as N2STY states it is a very good and bright high beam.

I love it, it has been on since got my ZS June 1st and has worked like a dream and never once has any oncoming drivers flashed me to say turn high beam off. Also as N2STY states it is a very good and bright high beam.
That's interesting, I'll to see if mine is operating correctly. Thanks👍

So I tried the auto high beam this morning I was quite surprised its actually quite good I did not realise it puts it on for you in the 1st place my other car you had to put it on then it would auto off back on again bit slow for my liking to switch off but on the MG as long as your going over 30 mph it will switch its self on and it's qwick to switch off for on coming traffic or if it sees tail lights I think it's one feature I will keep activated
On a side note the high beam is real good better then my jeeps hids
I have it turned on in our Gen2 ZS EV.
But it still can not beat an old man, dipping the head lights manually first by hand 🤣.
Meaning it can be a little slow in reacting to dipping the head lights to on coming traffic sometimes.
I find the reaction time to switch it back to main beam, to be much faster.
I like the feature, but could live without it to be honest.
A bit similar to other features that are there, but never get used by a lot of owners.
My previous last two cars had CD players, they never seen a CD used in them !.
Everybody has different features that some use on a daily basis, while other owners never use them !.
Another example, we had our previous ZS EV ( Gen1 ) for over two years and 20,000 miles, never used cruise control or MG pilot.
I just prefer to drive myself, pure and simple.
That is why we are different I guess !.

I never had any issues with mine at the start and it worked like a dream and then all of a sudden when I was driving to work one dark morning, on multiple occasions I would be driving behind a car and the auto high beam would come on and it looks like I was flashing the car in front, ever since then I’ve just left it turned off

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom