Auto Hold Problem

ging353

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Has anyone had a problem with the Auto Hold on the new facelift ZS EV.
Doesn't always work when you press the button and has been known to come off
while sitting at traffic lights without touching anything. Nearly hit the car in front.

The orange light in the switch shows if the system is 'on' and the green 'P' in the dashboard shows when the brake is engaged.
I haven't experienced the same problem but I have noticed the system automatically switches off/won't switch on if the driver's seatbelt is unfastened or the driver's door is not properly closed. This caused me to roll forward into the garage door! Ouch!

Even the slightest touch on the accelerator, even with the side of your foot, will start you moving. I thought I had this problem then worked out that the edge of my size 11 shoe was just touching the accelerator without me knowing.

My seatbelt was on and the door firmly closed but the car still rolled forward as I was sat there and my foot was nowhere near the pedals.

My seatbelt was on and the door firmly closed but the car still rolled forward as I was sat there and my foot was nowhere near the pedals.
Was your arm on the armrest, hand somewhere near the drive selector ? My arm used to inadvertently catch the button somehow until I realised my Autohold wasn't actually 'switching itself off''.
(this was on my Gen1)

I don't use the auto hold function parking in a tight space is a lots easyer with the creep function you don't need to touch accelerator

I don't use it at all. I had the same experience as @ging353 the one time I tried it out, it seemed to hold for about a minute then release by itself, 2020 Gen 1.

Was your arm on the armrest, hand somewhere near the drive selector ? My arm used to inadvertently catch the button somehow until I realised my Autohold wasn't actually 'switching itself off''.
(this was on my Gen1)
No....both hands on the steering wheel.

I had more the opposite problem, so I don't use it, found it to aggressively hold the car at times when not required, mainly when coming down hill to a junction, I use re-gen to slow the car, just tap the brake while checking for approaching traffic and if clear just take foot off brake and let car downhill momentum to start the pull away, but found the car wanted to put brakes on full and then I would have to accelerate quite aggressively to pull away.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom