Auto Hold

Billym44

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Another query from this person who's very new to both automatic and Hybrid cars. I've been reading the manual to try and understand what the Auto Hold is all about. I started looking it up because if I use a car wash, it's usually one of those that pulls the car through via rollers, rather than the car being stationary. I wondered what happened because the Parking brake couldn't be applied. But then I got very confused reading about Auto Hold, it's purpose etc etc. Any advice to this thickie would be appreciated.

Auto hold works by the foot brake if, you stop for lights the auto hold will hold the car until you set off and the auto will release the brakes. This just means you do not need to keep you foot on the brake. You know when the auto brake is on you will see a P in a circle on the dash board.

Auto hold works by the foot brake if, you stop for lights the auto hold will hold the car until you set off and the auto will release the brakes. This just means you do not need to keep you foot on the brake. You know when the auto brake is on you will see a P in a circle on the dash board.
Thanks for that info. That clarifies things somewhat.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom