Auto lights and wipers

DJS

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I currently have a 23 reg ZS Exclusive 1.5 petrol on hire before I receive my EV next week.

Now it should have auto lights and wipers but I'm buggered if I can figure them out. The lights have an auto marker on the stalk but the wipers don't but I'm pretty sure they're standard on the Exclusive trim.

The headlights always default to on(dipped beam) when the car is turned on (even in bright sunshine) so I have to turn the stalk upwards to revert back to DRLs only. Is this right?

As for the wipers I can't figure out any way of automation whatsoever.

How are they on the EV because both are getting on my nerves on the standard ZS I have at the moment!?

Wiper stalk needs to be flicked up one notch to the intermittent position for it to work on auto. The twist on the stalk changes the sensitivity.

Wiper stalk needs to be flicked up one notch to the intermittent position for it to work on auto. The twist on the stalk changes the sensitivity.
But when I do that the wiper just works intermittently as per a manual wiper and the setting on the stalk changes the frequency of the wipes. When it stops raining the wiper continues.

If you have the Trophy, or Trophy Connect, they have rain sensor wipers. The SE model needs to be switched on manually.
Ok that's fine, I've got no idea what's going on with this Exclusive ICE car, it's supposed to have rain sensing wipers and it doesn't, I think the sensor is faulty to be honest.

As long as I know it should work properly on my new car that's all that matters really.

My intermittent worked fine today in the rain, reversed out of the garage and when it had enough rain on the front screen, it kicked into action. When I got to my destination I reversed into the parking slot and the rear wiper automatically cleared the rear screen.

But when I do that the wiper just works intermittently as per a manual wiper and the setting on the stalk changes the frequency of the wipes. When it stops raining the wiper continues.
Sounds like it doesn't have auto wipers then, although the MG website says it should. Is it definitely Exclusive not Excite?

Sounds like it doesn't have auto wipers then, although the MG website says it should. Is it definitely Exclusive not Excite?
It's definitely an Exclusive, has the leather style seats with red stitching and heated seats. Plus the 3D sound system.

I think the sensor isn't working properly hence why I'm having issues with the headlights as well. It goes back tomorrow, I'll mention it to the rental company.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom