AutoExpress Review

Interesting to hear the cooling fans running, plus it looks like the road wheel covers have been removed ?.
I'm curious about the wheels too, because they don't look anything like the ones in that French video I saw where they were 5 spoke or something like that. These remind me a bit of the tomahawks on the petrol version, but just silver?

Last edited:
Could they be after market or just with the trims removed ??.
They have a motif in the centre of the wheel that could suggest they are MG ???.
ZS EV WHEELS  2021-11-17 at 23.54.44.png

Don't know if you can see this (sorry - I'm not completely tech savvy), it's the banner on a ZS EV Owners Group Norway FB. I'd have to guess the wheels are maybe a standard fit if they're unable to add options same as UK?:

Looks good in red.

I totally agree !.
I think the way buy cars now has completely changed in the last ten years at least.
PCP deals etc have shifted the trend.
Brilliant for increasing the sales of new cars of course, but people now enter into a showroom with a figure that they can afford each month and the deal is centred around that figure.
A lot of people have little idea of the price of the car and pay little interest in the trade in value of their own car ( if they have one ).
If it’s make the deposit and they have some cash left, that’s all that seems to matter now.
Dealers then calling people, offering to take in their current car, before the end of the PCP term, and putting them in a brand new shiny model ( which has increased in price ) for another few quid a month.
Of course, because the original car has not gone full term, the remainder of the PCP balance is then consolidated into the new deal.
Slowly but surely increasing the monthly payments each time the car is replaced.
You are now caught in the trap.
After a few years, and few cars latter, this can become a little dangerous.
How many people save to pay off the ballon payment at the end of the term ?.
Not many I would hazard a guess.
Just far too easy to jump into another new car and drive away, for an extra £40 a month let’s say.
Speak purely for myself here, but I think the PCP culture allows people to afford cars on a monthly basis, that normally they have no chance of owning.
All this is fine, until one day when you need to leave the merry go round ride.
After riding around in numerous high end cars and then when you need to jump ship, you either coughing up the ballon payment ( not going to happen ) or hand the keys back with very little else in return.
Even if you have built up some return in the car, what is that likely to buy you ?.
That is a long way to fall !.
I would advise caution ⚠️ when being tempted by the latest and greatest offers from the dealership.
The likely hood is, that if you car has covered only a very small mileage, they already have a cash sale customer ready for that car, when you trade it in for your new car.
All to easy when you start on your first PCP deal, to find yourself placing down a small deposit and a couple of hundred quid per month.
Three or four new cars latter and your monthly payments have doubled or even trebled !.
We all love new cars, but you have to be carefully not to get sucked in too deep.
Buy what you need, not what you want !.
Well Geoff full marks for this post 10/10, I couldn’t agree more we all know the world is charging especially in how we pay for things but with cars I say if you can’t pay for it,then don’t buy it, some off the deals on offer look very tempting but when you look closely and carefully at them it’s like water going down a plug hole in a bath. Round&round&Round&rou !!!!! ???.
Well done
Les

Last edited:
Well Geoff full marks for this post 10/10, I couldn’t agree more we all know the world is charging especially in how we pay for things but with cars I say if you can’t pay for it,then don’t buy it, some off the deals on offer look very tempting but when you look closely and carefully at them it’s like water going down a plug hole in a bath. Round&round&Round&rou !!!!! ???.
Well done
Les
Like a lot of things, we have adopted this method of buying cars from our friends over the pond in a America.
A lot of people ( not all ) in the states never own their own cars, they lease ( hire effectively ) the cars.
We follow like sheep !.
If I was paying 2 to £300+ pounds a month on a car, then I would want at least own the dam thing at the end !.
Hiring a car is a little like renting a house, you are paying off somebody else mortgage.
Some land lords renting sub standard damp houses to college students and getting away with it !.

It looks great. I'd love to change the stitching to white to better match, but I'll take what I can get 😄

I also love the white paint, but the abundant crows in our area would make a mockery of that finish in 2 minutes flat. I think now the only colour I've not seen reviewed is red... this is one of the few vehicles I like most of the shades.
Yea i was hoping there was a more neutral colour for the stitching, but I suppose it fits in with the MG brand.

Yea i was hoping there was a more neutral colour for the stitching, but I suppose it fits in with the MG brand.
If I could pinch a few bits from the 5 and Marvel, I could fashion my perfect ZS 😄. Despite wanting to tweak certain things, I really do like the car and look forward to placing my order.

I was expecting a few more new reviews, but I suppose there'll be more to come once demo cars are widely available.

Could they be after market or just with the trims removed ??.
They have a motif in the centre of the wheel that could suggest they are MG ???.View attachment 5673
they are not the standard wheels, theres a post by @MilesperkWh showing what they look like without the covers... and it aint this!! :)

I missed this post, do you know where you saw it as I can't find it?
Link to post:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom