Autohold error light?

StuartT

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Does anyone know what this means, or how I fix it? Is it something to do with the brakes?
IMG_3429.jpeg

Occasionally happens if you touch the brake before the system is ready to check the sensors, usually goes in a minute or so.
thanks. It actually stayed on for a few hours while I was driving (which was pretty damn worrying!) and there were no alerts in the iPhone app.

It has now gone off after I parked the car to recharge for a few hours.

Hi, it happens sometimes if the system boots up slowly. The only way I've found to sort it out is to get out, lock and unlock and get back in. Otherwise you have the whole journey without autohold.

Hi, it happens sometimes if the system boots up slowly. The only way I've found to sort it out is to get out, lock and unlock and get back in. Otherwise you have the whole journey without autohold.
I don't really know what autohold is, tbh. I think it's something to do with the handbrake coming on automatically. I've never switched it on

It stops the car from creeping when in drive, useful at traffic lights. It doesn't apply the handbrake though I believe it uses a valve in the brake line to hold the pressure you have applied with the foot brake, that releases bas soon as you depress the accelerator.

I don't really know what autohold is, tbh. I think it's something to do with the handbrake coming on automatically. I've never switched it on
Really? it's one of the best features on the car. When you come to a stop you press the brake hard and the P on the screen in front of the driver goes green. It puts the brakes on and they come off smoothly as you accelerate to move off. It saves wear on the mech handbrake, and saves the nightmare of trying to get it to go into D when the lights go green. It works on slopes too. I can't think of any reason not to use it the whole time.

It has to be initially activated on one of the drive screesn (safety from memory) with your seatbelt on, but then stays active.

It stops the car from creeping when in drive, useful at traffic lights. It doesn't apply the handbrake though I believe it uses a valve in the brake line to hold the pressure you have applied with the foot brake, that releases bas soon as you depress the accelerator.
Ah.. that does sound useful! The creep at traffic lights can be annoying. I'll check it out
and saves the nightmare of trying to get it to go into D when the lights go green
not sure I understand what you mean by this. I just leave the car in D at traffic lights. When they go green I just press the accelerator and move off. Do you put it into N at traffic lights then?

not sure I understand what you mean by this. I just leave the car in D at traffic lights. When they go green I just press the accelerator and move off. Do you put it into N at traffic lights then?
No, my car goes into D at the start and then stays in it, till P at the end. Another person said they switched from D (to N I guess) at traffic lights, I was saying that's not a useful thing to do.

You will really like it! Just press the brake pedal harder after stopping and watch for the P going green.
yes indeed! I bloody love it! :)

All I need now is a way of permanently disabling LKA (and consigning it to the fires of Hades) and I will be a very contented man.

Occasionally happens if you touch the brake before the system is ready to check the sensors, usually goes in a minute or so.
Hello, can you please elaborate on that? I thought that you had to have the brake pressed in order to start the car.

Better question: How do I start the car correctly so the autohold is always working?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom