Availability of accessories

bob876

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi
Just joined the MG forum.
I have just traded in my MG5 for the long range version and I thought I would treat myself the protection pack, so put one on order with my local dealer.
They rang me today to tell me that MG have cancelled all accessory orders and given no reason why!
Anybody else heard about this.
A little bit worrying!

These are held in stock so you should be able to get one from another dealer?

Hi
Thanks for the reply.
Yes I think your probably correct in that and I will have a ring around to see if I can get one.
Just a little concerning, the dealership told me that it was on all accessories and they were absolutely dumbfounded by the fact they were a main dealer and could now offer nothing that wasn't in stock to there customers including small things like locking wheel nuts or internal matts, which most buyers want.
They also said they that they didn't know if this was just a temporary situation or not.

Mine are currently on order from Spirit Corby and just as I typed that just noticed your location!
Not had any comms just yet but will make contact tomorrow as I need to ask something else anyway.

Finally after many late shifts now have a few days off and just come off the phone with Spirit Corby.
They have said that all orders they placed for the protection pack have been cancelled and as said only the mats and spare wheel are only available!

Just waiting for a call back as they are searching what they have in stock and I'll go from there.
Shame they didn't make contact with their customers that had placed orders.

I have seen another dealer that has some stock but no point ordering the boot liner if it no longer fits the Long Range.

Anyone know if MG have pulled the 16" Star Alloys? I've had an order in for MG5 since August and they've only just let me know that the car is now in stock but I can't have the alloys anymore as they are no longer made? Really not happy as the car looks extremely dull in my eyes without them and I don't think I should have to pay to get them myself now (company car)!?

There are places advertising that they have these if you do an online search but if you really want something different to OEM why restrict yourself to the singular offering from MG? There's a huge marketplace for replacement rims so you have a choice of thousands.

There are places advertising that they have these if you do an online search but if you really want something different to OEM why restrict yourself to the singular offering from MG? There's a huge marketplace for replacement rims so you have a choice of thousands.
It's a company car...if i want to choose a different set of rims then I'll have to pay out for them myself. If I have to I will but i'd rather it was costed with the purchase price

A good dealer would satisfy their customer by going the extra mile and sourcing them from wherever they might be as long as some do actually exist.
You could try pointing them in the direction of that newfangled invention called the internet :ROFLMAO:

I was hoping it was just me having issues . I really like my MG 5 . I was aware of the new face lift version replacing it soon but I didn't think that accessory support would disappear 2 months after the release of the long range version!
I wonder if Myles off the podcast would have any insider info for us?

I was hoping it was just me having issues . I really like my MG 5 . I was aware of the new face lift version replacing it soon but I didn't think that accessory support would disappear 2 months after the release of the long range version!
I wonder if Myles off the podcast would have any insider info for us?
Did you ask him ? I notice that the broadcast started 5 minutes after you posted ?

Unfortunately I was a bit slow there . Always watch the podcast, but being very new on the forum I hadn't located that bit until after the event.
If I don't here anything before I will try next time.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom