B.P Pulse

What are the advantages?
It's about £8 per month and you get a small discount and £9 charge credit for the 1st 5 months
Screenshot_20230408-062851.png
Screenshot_20230408-062808.png

Screenshot_20230408-063435.png

If you charge exclusively on BP and put in 10kWh a month you will break even on the cost of the membership. If you charge from 20% to 80% once a month, you've saved yourself around 60p, which adds up each time you use it. So, if you do a lot of regular rapid charging, then it's worth it.

Edit: Just looked at the numbers;
One charge (20% to 80%) with £8 subscription = £34.52
One charge with free membership = £31.41
One charge as contactless guest = £32.23

Any further subscription charging within the month would be £26.52, saving £5 - £6 each time.

So I reckon if you charge from 20% to 80% three times a month it will be worth it.

Last edited:
If you charge exclusively on BP and put in 10kWh a month you will break even on the cost of the membership. If you charge from 20% to 80% once a month, you've saved yourself around 60p, which adds up each time you use it. So, if you do a lot of regular rapid charging, then it's worth it.

Edit: Just looked at the numbers;
One charge (20% to 80%) with £8 subscription = £34.52
One charge with free membership = £31.41
One charge as contactless guest = £32.23

Any further subscription charging within the month would be £26.52, saving £5 - £6 each time.

So I reckon if you charge from 20% to 80% three times a month it will be worth it.
I do like someone good with numbers 👍

Anyone had any issues with the chargers at BP pulse? I drove down to France and topped up at the 150kw charger at Osprey without any issues. Went from ~20 to 80% in around 30mins getting up >130kW. The battery indicator did turn orange at some point shortly after the charge but returned to green the next day. On the way back from France a week later we were down to 10% and tried to charge at the BP pulse point 150 but it kept saying there was an error despite trying the App and just paying on debit card. Phoned the help line and they reset the system and tried again on both ports with no luck. There was another BP 150kW charger close by and tried there with no luck too. We tried both ports and couldn't get it to work at all. People charged there before and after us with no issues and these people tried to help us, but it just wouldn't charge. Drove to a Geniepoint 50kW charger and it worked straightaway and got up to 47kW.

I noticed on a google search that an MG5 driver had also had an issue at BP. Is this an issue with MG and BP or is it just my car? Could i have done something wrong?

I have used BP Pulse in London a few times with no issue. They were very new devices.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom