Battersea Blue?

Toolman

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I recently received (at long last) my ZS EV LRTC, I ordered Battersea Blue, but on inspection of the paperwork it says colour is St Moritz Blue, it even displays it as the colour within the vehicle details on the ismart app.

Is it the same colour?

Don’t get me wrong I still love the car & the colour so wouldn’t be looking to change it but I wondered if anybody else who has ordered and received their Battersea Blue car noticed this?

It would be good at some point to meet up with someone who has got a blue one & compare to see if there’s any difference.

Just a different name for same colour maybe it was made to go to a different market and got redirected?
Screenshot_20221011_160948.jpg

It is very common to find colours named differently in different location as @N2STY has stated.
The manufactures colour code on the ident plate, is what actually denotes the correct colour of the car.
This official paint code is what would be used if any paint work was required to refinish the car.

Just a different name for same colour maybe it was made to go to a different market and got redirected? View attachment 11751
It looks like this is the name in the Philipeans - but they drive on the right there (all according to Google) so unlikely to be redirected from there.

It's Brighton Blue is Oz, so not there...

Who cares?! You've got your car!!!

Como Blue in Europe...
Blue in the Isle of MAN

Mine is St Moritz blue love it perhaps if we have a MG rally in Kent we can put a Battersea blue next to a St Moritz and settle the query

I have what is called Regal Blue Metallic in Australia, although it doesn't say that on my label:

1667124144909.png

On my Australian brochure, it says JSJ below that colour (which it seems is called Laser Blue in the UK).
Similarly your Atctic White WSB here called Dover White.
Dynamic Red RSJ is here called Diamond Red Metallic.
Black Pearl PBC here called Pebble Black.
Your light blue, which I don't see in the table, is here called Clipper Blue Metallic GCY.

Strange that the names are different, and that the labels are different. You can just barely see one of the SAIC holographic imprints in my photo; at different angles it's much easier to see. Easy to see in @Toolman's photo.

I do like my Regal Blue Metallic, though they slugged me an extra AU$500 for it.

I have not seen a Mark 2 Australian brochure as yet, to see if they changed codes or labels at all.

Last edited:
I have what is called Regal Blue Metallic in Australia, although it doesn't say that on my label:

View attachment 12264

On my Australian brochure, it says JSJ below that colour (which it seems is called Laser Blue in the UK).
Similarly your Atctic White WSB here called Dover White.
Dynamic Red RSJ is here called Diamond Red Metallic.
Black Pearl PBC here called Pebble Black.
Your light blue, which I don't see in the table, is here called Clipper Blue Metallic GCY.

Strange that the names are different, and that the labels are different. You can just barely see one of the SAIC holographic imprints in my photo; at different angles it's much easier to see. Easy to see in @Toolman's photo.

I do like my Regal Blue Metallic, though they slugged me an extra AU$500 for it.

I have not seen a Mark 2 Australian brochure as yet, to see if they changed codes or labels at all.
Lazer blue is a slightly darker shade over the newer Battersea blue shade and was NOT available in the U.K. on any of the ZS EV models.
Lazer blue was only available on the ICE models around that time.
But Lazer blue was available on the ZS EV Gen1 in other countries around the globe.
MG launched the ZS EV ( Gen 1 ) in the U.K. in 2019 and the launch 🚀 colour used by them for the advertising, was a very light shade of silvery blue, called Pimlico blue.
When the Gen1 was superseded by the Gen2 model in 2021 they dropped Pimlico blue and decided to relaunch the face lift with a darker shade of Battersea blue as the launch 🚀 blue colour option.
Strange, because Battersea blue this time WAS already being used on the facelift ICE model, before the Gen2 ZS EV arrived.
A bit of cost cutting, by using a colour already in production I suspect.
It is very normal for a lot of manufactures to call different colours, by different names, for different markets.
I have seen this on VAG cars in the past.
But the paint code never lies.
You can call it what ever colour you like in different countries, but you need to have a rock solid paint code ordering process, that can be used to mix paint any where in the world.
Body shops order car colour by the paint code and never by name, in order to get the best paint match.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom