Best cable to use for carplay

MrPineapples

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I'm struggling to find a cable to work well with Carplay. I have been using a third party but good quality cable in there but it just disconnects constantly, it's really annoying, especially when using maps. I've tried an official apple one & it just comes up with an error saying 'iPods not supported' or something similar about iPods (i'm plugging in an iPhone 12).

I've read that some people have got lucky with cheap cables, what are you guys using?

I'm debating getting a wireless dongle, but not sure if they're any good either.

I'm struggling to find a cable to work well with Carplay. I have been using a third party but good quality cable in there but it just disconnects constantly, it's really annoying, especially when using maps. I've tried an official apple one & it just comes up with an error saying 'iPods not supported' or something similar about iPods (i'm plugging in an iPhone 12).

I've read that some people have got lucky with cheap cables, what are you guys using?

I'm debating getting a wireless dongle, but not sure if they're any good either.
Buy a braided Anker cable. I swear by them.

Definitely Anker cable - my Apple Original was patchy but Anker always works. Make sure the infotainment is fully up and running before connecting the cable.

Anker 551 USB-A to Lightning Cable (1ft), MFi Certified iPhone Cable for Flawless Compatibility with iPhone iPhone 13 13 Pro 12 Pro Max 12 11 X XS XR 8 Plus and More (Black)​

Works perfectly for me…

Hi I got these and use them in my MG5 trophy edition and my wife’s MG4 SESR with iPhones 13 without a problem genuine Apple cables were next to useless in both cars.
Les.

Amazon product ASIN B08PY4KL8V
I have the magnetic connector version of the RAVIAD. I also have the magnetic version of the KUULAA cable - which is the one I use in my car. (For simplicity ... I have one cable in my car and one at home - I simply plug my devices into whichever cable is nearest at the time. Unfortunately the RAVIAD cable wasn't available when I went to buy a second one, hence I bought a 2 cable pack of KUULAA).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom