Best deals

Sam47

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi from a newbie on this forum and also new to EV’s. I will be placing an order in September when my company car lease ends. I am also looking to retire soon. Hence the reason why I am thinking of buying my next car. The MG ZS EV exclusive will be my first choice.

However, MG have offered a good package with 3 years free service, type 2 cable and charger. Along with the £2500 FDA + MG peace of mind promise. With a modest deposit and a 4 year payment scheme on PCP i think the monthly payments are very reasonable. Especially when you waiver the cost of fuel and the savings you will make.
I also contacted EDF and through their lease company DriveElectric I can get a much better finance deal. This will be on a Personal Contract Hire. Okay the type 2 cable and charger installation is not in the package nor is the 3 year free maintenance. But the savings alone will cover these extra costs and more.
Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth as the saying goes.
Has anyone else had experience with EDF. What is the catch?
thanks in advance.

Sam,

Hopefully not teaching you to suck eggs. With the PCP deal you have got the option to keep the car with PCH you have no option but to hand it back regardless and off course hopefully without incurring penalties on the mileage which can mount up very quickly if you are not careful, if you are intending to keep the car on the PCP deal however you don't have to worry about the mileage. That is the only catch I can see, (maybe being a bit cynical here but I feel that with the PCP and PCH deals they are always hoping to make money on excess mileage) so choose your mileage limit wisely.

Enjoy

Frank

We all make our own choices, being retired myself.......I did what I always do...I bought my new car. I know its not fashionable these days....its just my old school way.

The one and only time i've borrowed money for a car was 50 years ago...I borrowed the laughable sum of £90 to buy a mini-van..after my series 1 Land rover's engine blew up. I was fed up with the Mini-van after a year....but was only half way though my re-payments. My wife ( to be) and I agreed...never again.

If you can afford the higher payments, the interest on a 24 month PCP is more than paid for by the MG FDC.

If you can afford the higher payments, the interest on a 24 month PCP is more than paid for by the MG FDC.
May I suggest looking for a cheap interest rate loan and just buying the car outright as the dealers do make money back on their interest rates, that’s what I did and then you have no final optional payments, the car is yours to do with as you wish and if you get the right load with no overpayment charging so of the money saved on fuel can fund overpayments. I did mine via the AA and it’s was simple and quick.

Oh and if you do go that way get a GAP insurance they are worth their weight in gold for a few hundred pounds....

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom