Best Paint Protection?

Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
I intend to keep my MG ZS EV Trophy Connect for at least as long as the 7 Year Warranty.

This being the case, can anyone recommend a good paint protection system ?

Diamondbrite
Supagard
GardX

These are a few of the ones the main dealers have/do offer for hundreds of £ which you can pick up online and apply yourself for a fraction of that.

There are a lot of others on the market. I only have experience of Supagard which I found good but certainly wouldn't believe all of its claims but at the prices you can get it for even if you have to reapply more often than claimed its no hardship.

If you wanna keep the car that long though maybe paying someone to put a good ceramic coating on would be worthwhile?

That answer from @Largerbaloo was exactly the reason why I asked if you needed paint protection insurance type products or DIY products like ceramic coating as rightly mentioned.

Are you looking for some paint protection insurance or products that you can DIY to protect the paint?
I don’t mind paying a bit for something that provides a lasting solution.

I don’t mind paying a bit for something that provides a lasting solution.
I just got this delivered today - Car Polish Wax Paintwork Polishing Kit Detailing Restoration Pure Definition 721315324413 | eBay
Do read the description of the product and reviews. I hope it does what it says. I shall use it and let you know.

Also worth having a look at EasyGAPs smart insurance. Its not specifically paint protection but covers scruffs and dents which may affect the paint, alloy wheels and also interiors.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I just got this delivered today - Car Polish Wax Paintwork Polishing Kit Detailing Restoration Pure Definition 721315324413 | eBay
Do read the description of the product and reviews. I hope it does what it says. I shall use it and let you know.

Also worth having a look at EasyGAPs smart insurance. Its not specifically paint protection but covers scruffs and dents which may affect the paint, alloy wheels and also interiors.
Thanks for the info. I will certainly be interested in your view of the kit you have had delivered.

I have a 4-Year GAP insurance policy. But I will look at the EasyGap Smart Insurance to see what it offers.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If we aren't talking about wraps, ceramics or professional treatments.

Diy protection for me is TAC systems moonlight spray, a little goes a long way. Very hydrophobic when its gone off. A good 6 months of easy cleaning. (Pending of how you store you vehicle)

Hope that makes of intresting research

A good professional car wrap can cost as much as a new paint job. Don’t think I will be going that route.
Yeah, I haven't priced it up yet. There's a local business not far from me. When I get the car I'll take it to them and get a quote.

Thanks for the info. I will certainly be interested in your view of the kit you have had delivered.

I have a 4-Year GAP insurance policy. But I will look at the EasyGap Smart Insurance to see what it offers.
Andy on EVM did a good video on applying a ceramic coating during lockdown.

I applied the graphene from ethos 6 months ago and am amazed at how good it is.

It takes care to apply as you want the paint really clean…foam, wash, clay bar, their detox product then apply. I did 2 coats and the graphene can do windows etc so it is much easier than a wax at that stage.

Sounds hard…it is EASY.

I clean it now by simply doing a foam wash and drying…takes 10 minutes and looks amazing.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom