Best price for an Exclusive MG5

weedavemac

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi All,
I am getting closer to buying an MG5 Exclusive, either new, pre-reg, or low miles, and was wondering what was the best prices people on here had paid please?

If you are happy to do so, please can you reply with price, dealer, new/pre-reg/low miles, colour, and affinity scheme or not?

Just trying to get an idea of what I should be paying. I don't believe I qualify for the affinity scheme although my mum is a retired teacher but that is probably a stretch too far for the affinity scheme rules.

All replies welcome,
Thanks,
Dave

I've just purchased through Affinity. The rules are pretty slack, the dealer said it can stretch to 'secondary' family too, he gave us an example of a couple who had a step sister that was a supply teacher so its pretty flexible.

I paid £22,400 and includes metalic tri-coat red, type 2 cable, official MG mats and boot liner. Note if the dealer says the type 2 isn't included, it is for ALL Affinity users, he showed us the info MG send the dealers.

They also gave us a great trade in price (considerably more than We Buy Any Car), which surprised me for a dealership.

Finally, I did look at a few pre-reg and demo cars and the price difference was very little compared to new.

I've just purchased through Affinity. The rules are pretty slack, the dealer said it can stretch to 'secondary' family too, he gave us an example of a couple who had a step sister that was a supply teacher so its pretty flexible.

I paid £22,400 and includes metalic tri-coat red, type 2 cable, official MG mats and boot liner. Note if the dealer says the type 2 isn't included, it is for ALL Affinity users, he showed us the info MG send the dealers.

They also gave us a great trade in price (considerably more than We Buy Any Car), which surprised me for a dealership.

Finally, I did look at a few pre-reg and demo cars and the price difference was very little compared to new.
Thanks for the prompt reply. All very helpful. Are you able to say which dealer please? And the red is a stunning colour!

No problem, you're welcome. The dealer was Eric Stead HERE, but they're quite a distance from you I'm afraid. Other dealers should match that price though, no problem.

Love the red colour too!

Not on affinity scheme. Black, £21.5k. Mangoletsi in Knutsford. Again trade in price given was £1000 better than expected. Started off getting quotes from car wow and worked from there.

Not on affinity scheme. Black, £21.5k. Mangoletsi in Knutsford. Again trade in price given was £1000 better than expected. Started off getting quotes from car wow and worked from there.
Thanks. Was that for a brand new car? If so, sounds like an amazing deal you got. For me the car looks its best in either the black or the red.

Thanks. Was that for a brand new car? If so, sounds like an amazing deal you got. For me the car looks its best in either the black or the red.
Yes, brand new. It was during lockdown so the garages were competing hard for any sales they could get. Think they were all on a bonus from mg if they could meet their targets, so they were prepared to lose on the sale to make the target.

£22,995 for an ex demo exclusive.
When i say ex demo the guy advised that when they have a slow period MG let them reg a car and sell as ex demo.
I picked mine up yesterday and it had 2.5 miles on the clock.
No cable included but car mats were.
MG Wolverhampton is the dealer, i saw the initial advert on autotrader.

We paid £8k for SWMBO's MG5 ex-demo in March this year.
Traded my 12k mile 2016 Prius and her 56k mile 2006 Prius for £13,500.
I think £21,500 was a good price for a 4 month old Exclusive with only 399 miles on the clock, dynamic red paint and mats and flaps.

£22,995 for an ex demo exclusive.
When i say ex demo the guy advised that when they have a slow period MG let them reg a car and sell as ex demo.
I picked mine up yesterday and it had 2.5 miles on the clock.
No cable included but car mats were.
MG Wolverhampton is the dealer, i saw the initial advert on autotrader.
Nice one - well done

We paid £8k for SWMBO's MG5 ex-demo in March this year.
Traded my 12k mile 2016 Prius and her 56k mile 2006 Prius for £13,500.
I think £21,500 was a good price for a 4 month old Exclusive with only 399 miles on the clock, dynamic red paint and mats and flaps.
Thanks - a good deal indeed. Which dealer please?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom