Best public chargers?

Henrystclair

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I couldn't find a thread about this so could I be so bold as to start one..?

Where are the best public chargers within the country? Multiple points, fast, all working, amenities on site, etc etc etc.

I drove to Bromyard in Herefordshire the other day and charged here: Instavolt, just outside Banbury which is sort of middle of the southern midlands making it a very convenient stop just off the M40.

There are 8 fast charge points, all of which were working on Monday and Wednesday this week. My MG ZS EV charged at 40kw and there is a Costa and a steakhouse on site. 40 minute stop to have a coffee and a sandwich and change my baby's nappy and I was at 96%.

Crucially, NO ICE FILLING STATION. So you don't get a couple of electric points thrown in for luck, usually FUBAR.
Screenshot 2021-10-21 at 11.24.57.png

I have never had an issue with an Instavolt charger.
The BP one I used was a bit tricky to start but it stopped ok.
No issues with the Shell and Mer fast charger chargers I tried the weekend.
Osprey charger are mostly new and work ok.
Have you got the Electric Juice card from Octopus Energy as it covers a number of charge networks

I haven't got the electric juice card no. I would switch to Octopus using your code but it is not a good time to jump suppliers at the mo....

Interesting instavolt referat code there too. I thought Instavolt was purely turn up and flash a debit card? Is there some kind of sign up program that gives you cheaper rates because it was pretty pricey at £0.40 p/kw.

You can install the Instavolt app hopefully using my code and we both get £5 credit then you can offer your code. Plus you get points for using it. Worth looking

I have never had an issue with an Instavolt charger.
The BP one I used was a bit tricky to start but it stopped ok.
No issues with the Shell and Mer fast charger chargers I tried the weekend.
Osprey charger are mostly new and work ok.
Have you got the Electric Juice card from Octopus Energy as it covers a number of charge networks
not heard of electric juice from octopus, do you just ring them up for on

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom