Best Trip to date...

Stuwit46

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Over 3k miles in and today a trip of 33 miles done on 17% battery @ 3.5 M/kWh. The trip is a work one.
Driving mode N
Air con on
Up to 70 mph on dual carriageway and M/way in addition to 50mph limit road works. Happy with that.

Attachments

• 78761FE5-CD5C-45B8-BA33-34F352A90C34.jpeg
    78761FE5-CD5C-45B8-BA33-34F352A90C34.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 148
Over 3k miles in and today a trip of 33 miles done on 17% battery @ 3.5 M/kWh. The trip is a work one.
Driving mode N
Air con on
Up to 70 mph on dual carriageway and M/way in addition to 50mph limit road works. Happy with that.
I've not had mine long but was driving around dual carriageways going at speeds between 30 -70 mph and was achieving 3.9 m/kwh so based on that the car would go 222 miles or roughly that, was very impressed. It was at night and was very cold outside too.

I did have it in eco and only used the heated seat but I did floor it a few times so was very impressed. I think if you really wanted you could achieve quite a high range If you need to.

I find eco mode smoother because normal and sport I find too responsive lol, never had an EV though so I'll get used to the instant power.

I've not had mine long but was driving around dual carriageways going at speeds between 30 -70 mph and was achieving 3.9 m/kwh so based on that the car would go 222 miles or roughly that, was very impressed. It was at night and was very cold outside too.

I did have it in eco and only used the heated seat but I did floor it a few times so was very impressed. I think if you really wanted you could achieve quite a high range If you need to.

I find eco mode smoother because normal and sport I find too responsive lol, never had an EV though so I'll get used to the instant power.
I based that range on the fact I'd driven 11.7 miles using 5% battery so actually worked out 234 mile range. That was from starting a cold car so if I'd have continued to monitor it I'd probably get some more. When I get chance to do a longer trip I'll know what it's capable of. Very impressed though and cheap as chios to run.

I based that range on the fact I'd driven 11.7 miles using 5% battery so actually worked out 234 mile range. That was from starting a cold car so if I'd have continued to monitor it I'd probably get some more. When I get chance to do a longer trip I'll know what it's capable of. Very impressed though and cheap as chios to run.
FYI.... the heated seats are run off the old fashioned battery not the “car”

I know ye thats why I mentioned it. Unless I have the family in I'll probably stick to the heated seat as its quite relaxing on your back

So please explain for me as yet to become an EV convert, where does the "old fashioned battery get its power? Is it charged from the "engine" (HV battery) like an ICE, or is it charged during a charging cycle?

So please explain for me as yet to become an EV convert, where does the "old fashioned battery get its power? Is it charged from the "engine" (HV battery) like an ICE, or is it charged during a charging cycle?
It'll get charged from the main battery, so when charging or driving it'll charge.

They're running off the 12 volt power system. The 12 volt power will come from the HV battery via a dc-dc converter i'd have thought when the car is "on".

Yes - maybe less affect on range than if you use the main heater might be a better way of putting it. 🙂

Yes - maybe less affect on range than if you use the main heater might be a better way of putting it. 🙂
Sorry, spent all morning teaching Energy transfers to students. Must have still been stuck in teacher mode. Might try and repurpose the spare toggle switch to switch my mode on the way home.

The rear screen heater also runs off the 12V battery so you can use the auto rear screen demist setting, as the heated wing mirrors only work with the rear heater on i assume they run from the 12V battery also.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom